VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally had C&P exam

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

I feel indifferent to my exam. It was conducted by an LHI contracted Psychologist and the form I was given stated it was going to be 120 minutes. The exam lasted about 60 minutes. When I was telling him of my stressors he stopped me and told me to only give him the important ones... (I had quite a few) he said that they need to focus on the main issues. I filled out a PTSD screen and he was just going down the list and midway through he stopped and said everything on this screen is basically how you feel in your day to day life and I yes. His questions were kind of general and I tried to give as much information as I could. When it came to my work I told him that I was constantly arguing with my supervisors and having strained relationships with my co-workers.  I told him that I feel like I was right and my supervisors were wrong. Part of me thinks that I did not say enough. I know it the first day but I sent a letter to the VA requesting the exam results so hopefully by the time it gets posted they have my request. But they've been gathering evidence for this claim for 6 months so I do not see my claim being open for over 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, jamesriley1990 said:

I feel indifferent to my exam. It was conducted by an LHI contracted Psychologist and the form I was given stated it was going to be 120 minutes. The exam lasted about 60 minutes. When I was telling him of my stressors he stopped me and told me to only give him the important ones... (I had quite a few) he said that they need to focus on the main issues. I filled out a PTSD screen and he was just going down the list and midway through he stopped and said everything on this screen is basically how you feel in your day to day life and I yes. His questions were kind of general and I tried to give as much information as I could. When it came to my work I told him that I was constantly arguing with my supervisors and having strained relationships with my co-workers.  I told him that I feel like I was right and my supervisors were wrong. Part of me thinks that I did not say enough. I know it the first day but I sent a letter to the VA requesting the exam results so hopefully by the time it gets posted they have my request. But they've been gathering evidence for this claim for 6 months so I do not see my claim being open for over 2 weeks.

Do you believe you answered the examiners questions as honestly as possible during the exam? Yes or No?

To alleviate some of your anxiety; here is how PTSD and other mental disorders are rated:

Which criteria best fits your occupational and social impairment?

Image result for ptsd va rating

17 minutes ago, doc25 said:

Do you believe you answered the examiners questions as honestly as possible during the exam? Yes or No?

To alleviate some of your anxiety; here is how PTSD and other mental disorders are rated:

Which criteria best fits your occupational and social impairment?

Image result for ptsd va rating

I did answer honestly but there were some things that I believe I should have expanded on. Some of them are due to symptoms of MST but as everyone knows its just an extremely stressful situation.

• Lead Moderator

It can be a very stressful situation.  This is what they also take into account your doctors notes from therapy sessions.  They also weigh Lay statements.  They also look at the events which took place to get you there.  

This part does weight on the rating, but you will just have to wait and see what is said and sometimes you get a good surprise.  It will all be ok, there are many avenues to get to the finish line and everyone's here is different, but the great thing is you have an amazing resource here of people to help you make it!  I know right now everything is focused on this, but you are here doing the work and you keep going never stop.

I know there are a lot of people here who have go through the same crap, so post and ask for help and you will get the help you need!

I have said this before we are a great big disorganized family who would do anything to help!

• Lead Moderator
4 hours ago, jamesriley1990 said:

I did answer honestly but there were some things that I believe I should have expanded on. Some of them are due to symptoms of MST but as everyone knows its just an extremely stressful situation.

I have posted this here before and this could help you.  Go to your local VA hospital and talk to the Comp & Pension officer at your VA.  Let them know your situation, and what happened to you there.  This person overviews all of the C&P exams which come to and from your hospital.  If you would like a different exam I would hurry up and ask to see about a different provider.

18 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

It can be a very stressful situation.  This is what they also take into account your doctors notes from therapy sessions.  They also weigh Lay statements.  They also look at the events which took place to get you there.  

This part does weight on the rating, but you will just have to wait and see what is said and sometimes you get a good surprise.  It will all be ok, there are many avenues to get to the finish line and everyone's here is different, but the great thing is you have an amazing resource here of people to help you make it!  I know right now everything is focused on this, but you are here doing the work and you keep going never stop.

I know there are a lot of people here who have go through the same crap, so post and ask for help and you will get the help you need!

I have said this before we are a great big disorganized family who would do anything to help!

I also had a letter from a private psychologist and a DBQ from him, he has to consider this material evidence to correct?