VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU after Retirement

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was talking about this in another thread but as @Buck52 said I don't want to hijack someone else thread.

I will be retiring from the federal government around the end of October, I will be receiving a retirement check from them, I am also retired from the Air Force. My quest is can I get IU even though I am retired?

Once I retire I will also go to the VA Voc ReHab. I am also hoping (like everyone else on this site) to get to 100% P&T I almost there now.

If I do get 100% P&T is there any need to pursue IU?

2 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

Why are these just not simply phone calls. 

If only!  Right now TMobile is running all these commercials about how the VA Docs  are running telemed on their network...how about Tele-C&P?

2 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

I had one examiner tell me they wish they could also write up an issue we had discussed that I was not there for. 

With QTC that has been my experience, with VES was a different story. The folks who called the first 2 times for VES kept demanding that I make them my provider of choice. an easy 15 times from each of those two calls. Their C&P doc was checked out during my interview, though it is the one that got me 100%. Prior to the finding I was preparing to contest the exam.  Their doc also did my ED C&P and he was an outright xxxxxxxx. He is also the reason I have to back for another C&P.  The ED C&P asks questions about Urinary and he did not record my answers. He actually claimed I said I had no leakage, etc. Which is patently false.

When the VA tried to schedule a third C&P with them, VES would not tell me what the C&P was for so I canceled the visit right then and there.

I filed a complaint with Peggy, IRIS, and the White House.

When I filed my claim this time I specifically said don't give me VES so who do they give me? VES.

I asked for QTC or a VA doc at Puget Sound or American Lake. I know they have one or two floating around that is qualified to do this work.

Will see how this one goes. At least this time VES did not try and demand I make them my preferred provider. I think I got an employee higher in the food chain this time. go figure.

1 hour ago, GeekySquid said:

with VES was a different story

This is my second C&P with VES, the first one agreed with my depression and I was awarded 50% which is what it should be since I am working. I will let you know what I think of the second VES C&P.

The first doctor was retired Army and was a veterinarian and also a physiologist...some combination...lol