VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU after Retirement

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was talking about this in another thread but as @Buck52 said I don't want to hijack someone else thread.

I will be retiring from the federal government around the end of October, I will be receiving a retirement check from them, I am also retired from the Air Force. My quest is can I get IU even though I am retired?

Once I retire I will also go to the VA Voc ReHab. I am also hoping (like everyone else on this site) to get to 100% P&T I almost there now.

If I do get 100% P&T is there any need to pursue IU?

• HadIt.com Elder
5 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

@Buck52

getting rated for voiding dysfunction as a secondary might up your smc awards. don't know for sure but it might be interesting for you to consider.

No it won't up my SMC Awards ( but thanks for thinking of me)  I am done with claims as for as getting more compensation $$.

The only thing would be to get them service connected...I would need to loose arms leg or both legs and bed ridden to qualify for more up the latter for SMC,'s.

I checked with Alex Graham (aka  Asknod) No more Money in the pot for me......unless I become bedridden lose an arm or both legs & dependent on others to feed/bathe me  ect,,ect,,  And I hope and pray I never get that way.

But thank you Geeky  I appreciate it.

• HadIt.com Elder

if any of you guys use the pee pads  order by your PCP or Specialty Clinic Doc's....you need to ask the Dr to write the reason you need the pads? or check your medical records.ect,,,ect,,,

for me it was swollen Prostate but  my prostrate is Benign (no cancer so for) so its not service connectable, but I have dribble and my PCP orders these pee Pads for me   which certainly helps as my spouse can appreciate the use of the pee pads  when she washes my clothes /underwear  ect,,,ect,,,

• Lead Moderator
7 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

@paulstrgn

Understand.

It is not really up to us to decide cause, it is up to us to file the claim and give the symptoms, take the tests if any, and do the C&P.

that said, right now I am looking up information on having a "partially empty sella" which I found out I had when I got my C-file. The VA has "lost" the MRI record that show that, and it was given in relation to my vertigo testing that came out of  an audiology issue. Even though they lost the record there are like 25 references to that MRI and my partially empty sella. I was also able to get the results and images from the Imaging Center that the VA sent me too.

considering the importance of the Pituitary gland to our health I am wondering why they did not notify me as to the potential health conditions and their relationship in my Claims for ptsd, hearing loss, and tinnitus. I also was diagnosed with BPH back then and has a connection to my ED and the sella issue. I am diagnosed with depression and hormones affect that.

I don't yet understand why they did not notify or assist on this issue and when I find the best way to address that I will be asking our resident Queen of Cue, @Berta about how it fits into a cue.

the sella surrounds the pituitary gland and that controls hormones and associates to the endocrine system, sympathetic nervous symptom and hypothalmus.

This affects ED, sleep apnea, cortisol, and has relations to PTSD, anxiety, depression. It can cause hypogonadism and other testicle problems and is associate with MS and Osteoporosis.

most of that can and does affect the genitorurinary system and voiding dysfunction comes into play under that.

convoluted to us lay folk.

There are two types of sella syndrome conditions primary and secondary. primary is rare. In fact diagnosing empty sella syndrome is rare but on the increase since MRI's have become so common.

Secondary can result from trauma to the head. The military has studied it in relation to TBI but then there is no definitive medical scope as to what type of trauma is or is not TBI. Meaning if you bang your head in a car accident, you can get a TBI (and an empty sella after such an instance is documented) but it is not what most people think of as combat related TBI. I have documented head trauma but not a TBI diagnosis. I also have documentation of a grenade blast 10 feet from my right side and my hearing is bad in that ear. I don't know if I can positively link those to the empty sella, but I going to try.

@paulstrgn I would suggest you consider the voiding dysfunction and see how it might fit your situation. If you need more than 4 pads a day it can rate at 60%

@GeekySquid i Want to talk to you more about this.  My MRI showed the same thing. 

Edited by shrekthetank1

@Richard1954 I am a Federal employee and am under FERS and not CSRS (I wish I was CSRS I would get a lot more in retirement), HQ human resources has calculated my retirement and SS does not effect my retirement. I should be okay as far as that goes.

@Buck52 I would never had thought of seeing if I could get pads prescribed by my doctor (I get my prescriptions on post). I have never discussed this issue with my doctor before and obviously I need too.