Time for C&P exam after Remand

az arr

Question

In March BVA issued remand directing RO to have a C&P exam.  What is the time frame for a C&P exam?  Will date/time/place be on ebenifits (if so where?)? 

TIA

6 answers to this question

There is no way to know when this will happen. The RO has a backlog and when they get to it they will. Mine was last May 2018 and I started getting my remand work done in March this year. But each office is different so could be anytime. 

1 hour ago, shrekthetank1 said:

There is no way to know when this will happen. The RO has a backlog and when they get to it they will. Mine was last May 2018 and I started getting my remand work done in March this year. But each office is different so could be anytime. 

How did you know they started working on your remand? Like az my appeal was remanded in March but for a "new medical opinion" which may or may not include an in person exam. Do they inform you when they actually start working BVA remand instructions or do you know only by getting notified of an upcoming C&P exam?  I have a feeling i will just get a SSOC one day and that will be the first i will know anything.

They inform you by setting up the appointment and you get a call from the contractor (VES, LHI etc).  There is no formal set up for them to notify you. If the judge sent it back for records then you might not but even then they still notify you so you can help them obtain the records.  

One thing I have seen is on va.gov they will put in requests and you can view them if they update. Also maybe ebenefits. You should just check once a week and find a good hobby. 

• Like 2

I had a remand in Sept 2017. Got the exams done in april and may of 2018. Haven't heard squat since.

I would call the White House 800 number and tell them you have not heard anything yet. I agree that RO have backlogs, but more than a year is crazy. I am impatient when it comes to things like this. I have even emailed my RO director about a proposal for reduction, she had someone from her staff call me about it. It has been sped up now and hope to hear something by mid July.

Always remember this is your case and no body has more of a vested interest than yourself.

Good luck to all above!

• Like 2