VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quickest way to receive pay after soc

Rate this question

metallicide

Question

The VA told me if I accepted my dro review soc that would cut down on time it would take  to get my increases and back pay. I just lost my long term disability and my lawyers saying 4 to 6 months to be paid for my increases. They've been slow to respond to anything so it's hard to ever get an answer. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Well, it’s been slow these days in getting paid once a increase or new rating as been issued. 

Are satisfied with the new SOC on the increases? With a DRO decision it’s usually less than 4 months, even sooner. I’m at 9 months since with a BVA grant and I received my rating on April 9th and the decision narrative was done on April 26. So I’m expecting the unexpected on whenever they decide to finalize my grant. Then add on another month for the new monthly compensation that’s pays me at %100. 

Back in 2016 I had a partial grant/ denial from DRO decision  and it took about a month to get my back pay. 

I suspect it will be sooner than what your were told.

Ok thank you and yes I'm happy with the DRO. Its more than I even expected. I'm just freaking out a bit since losing my Ltd benefits. I will go ahead and file financial hardship with the claim and be a little patient. 

Only other option is withdrawing my ssd claim and going on unemployment and trying to find work I can do which will be very hard to find.

So even if you appeal one of the denials on the soc that wont slow the other increases down?

Thank you so much. I've got a child and wife to take care of so if I seem a bit stressed that's why. Appreciate the help.