VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please solicit

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Hamslice said:
so·lic·it
/səˈlisit/
verb

ask for or try to obtain (something) from someone.
ask (someone) for something.

No one asked me a damn thing regards IU,

Hamslice

20190509_162831 (Medium).jpg

20190509_165312 (Medium).jpg 222.jpg

20190509_165312 (Medium).jpg 222.jpg 33333.jpg

What kinda tom foolery are they doing?

My external backup drive took a dump a couple months ago, which wasn't an actual backup but a storage drive, so I lost everything.  But, luckily, I was able to have the manufacturer retrieve most of the data.  While looking at the recovery disc, I ran across these pictures again. 

When I first posted the award letter pictured response, it was a little tongue and cheek, as IU is not for me, and was basically wondering if there was any onus on the VA regards development???

That, and the recent interest in IU on this board.

Maybe a more serious look wouldn't hurt for others with that message.

Thanks,

Hamslice

Great post, and great advice, hamslice.  I wish I would have known this years ago.  I finally got the same result, but should have copied your post and mailed it to VA, as evidence.  

As far as your external hard drive, remember the pain of this mistake and back up your hard drive AT LEAST once a year, more often if you add critical data.  This advice (backing up your hard drive) is good advice for anyone with a computer.  You CAN back it up online, such as with Google drive.  Google drive is free, unless/until you reach a large amount of data.  (Something like 15 GB free.  That is a lot of space "unless" you store a lot of photos or worse, videos.  Videos gobble up data space like a cookie monster.)  Then I think you get a 100 gb for around 30 dollar per year.  

Its unlikely you would need more than 100 gb unless you store lots of pictures or videos.  

Edited by broncovet