VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Watched Pot Never Boils...

Rate this question

Indy_CV62_OS

Question

I'm not sure that PTSD includes obsessive behavior but watching Metrics and va.gov several times a day is not gonna get it anymore.  As best as I can tell, my Appeal will take at least another 14 months or so to reach the Board.  I just hope that others are able to maintain their sanity....The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and then expecting a different result...it's very difficult to wait them out.  We have to believe that the people at VA are trying to work on the backlog and providing whatever service they can to those of us who have Served.

I have to rest on that.  I'm Praying for DRO Grant but I'm expecting my Appeal to be Certified soon.  I think that when we cross into the next step, this gives us some reassurance and a little peace.  As long as we can fully understand each step and communicate with our Advocate, everything should work out.  It really is about doing the time and waiting out the process.  

22 hours ago, Indy_CV62_OS said:

I would think that it should not be too big of a reach to get IU.

Seems like it, doesn't it. I have been 70% with one 40% since 2001. I have been on SSDI for service connected disabilities since 2005. I now have a VR&E rejection and I still can't IU. I hope your path is much easier than mine has been.

How ironic I thought 2014 IU P&T (submitted OPM FERS disability approval, denial overturned in 45 days, lawyers are like WHAT?!?!)was much easier than social security denial which made me happy! FERS can't double dip and social security too much red tape for me! Social security said I have a permanent disability but not at its level. I didn't reapply after VA increase! FERS application required I apply for social security.

20 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

Seems like it, doesn't it. I have been 70% with one 40% since 2001. I have been on SSDI for service connected disabilities since 2005. I now have a VR&E rejection and I still can't IU. I hope your path is much easier than mine has been.

I did not know that about your case.  Can I assume that you have filed regularly for increases over the last 17 years?  Can you elaborate a little more on your VR&E process?  Do you have a VSO or an Attorney?  Your profile says 90% but you're actually 70%

I have kept IU going since 2007. That is when SSDI was awarded with a date back to 2005. I had applied for IU earlier but was denied. The DAV told me I needed new and material evidence to refile. I went into VR&E and took tests, I think I took them at home on my computer. But my PCP filled out the paper work to show I can't work. So VR&E filled out a letter to indicate I can't be accepted in the program. DAV is my VSO. They are worth everything I pay them. I am now at 90%. I have had about 10 C&P's over the years.

12 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

I have kept IU going since 2007. That is when SSDI was awarded with a date back to 2005. I had applied for IU earlier but was denied. The DAV told me I needed new and material evidence to refile. I went into VR&E and took tests, I think I took them at home on my computer. But my PCP filled out the paper work to show I can't work. So VR&E filled out a letter to indicate I can't be accepted in the program. DAV is my VSO. They are worth everything I pay them. I am now at 90%. I have had about 10 C&P's over the years.

So what you're saying is that with 90% combined and with one at 40%, IU is not a gimme.  Sheesh.  And you're on SSDI as well.  Un-frigging-real.  That's a disgrace.  I mean you are right there in the IU wheelhouse and they won't just Grant it.  I am really pulling for you to get it.

40% is for my low back. That was in 2001. I have had a single 70% for depression for several years. I think I need about one more percentage point to be 100% schedular. There are lots of CUE's in my records. One day I will get a big payday or die trying.