VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Watched Pot Never Boils...

Rate this question

Indy_CV62_OS

Question

I'm not sure that PTSD includes obsessive behavior but watching Metrics and va.gov several times a day is not gonna get it anymore.  As best as I can tell, my Appeal will take at least another 14 months or so to reach the Board.  I just hope that others are able to maintain their sanity....The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and then expecting a different result...it's very difficult to wait them out.  We have to believe that the people at VA are trying to work on the backlog and providing whatever service they can to those of us who have Served.

I have to rest on that.  I'm Praying for DRO Grant but I'm expecting my Appeal to be Certified soon.  I think that when we cross into the next step, this gives us some reassurance and a little peace.  As long as we can fully understand each step and communicate with our Advocate, everything should work out.  It really is about doing the time and waiting out the process.  

3 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

40% is for my low back. That was in 2001. I have had a single 70% for depression for several years. I think I need about one more percentage point to be 100% schedular. There are lots of CUE's in my records. One day I will get a big payday or die trying.

CUE is so damn hard.  I wonder if you could find an Attorney and file a Writ of Mandamus with the Federal Court.  It's a very long process and it might be difficult to find a Lawyer that would take the case on contingency basis.

31 minutes ago, Indy_CV62_OS said:

find an Attorney and file a Writ of Mandamus with the Federal Court.

I don't think this can be done until you get a denial from the BVA. 

32 minutes ago, Indy_CV62_OS said:

CUE is so damn hard.

Why do you say this? How many have you filed?

Kanewnut -Do I understand you get TDIU for the  SC 70% depression

and you get SSDI solely for the depression?

And Voc Rehab turned you down solely due to your SC disabilities?

If so- is the VA aware of the  SSDI award ? and Also aware of the VOC Rehab turn down?

Have you ever posted your last denial here?

I sure do not think CUEs are that difficult in most cases.

The biggest problem I see with CUEs that are denied at the BVA, is that the veteran did not properly identify the legal errors they made.And they take a lot of reading, if one has never filed a CUE before.

• HadIt.com Elder
15 hours ago, kanewnut said:

40% is for my low back. That was in 2001. I have had a single 70% for depression for several years. I think I need about one more percentage point to be 100% schedular. There are lots of CUE's in my records. One day I will get a big payday or die trying.

if you are at 90%  currently  you will need another 50% s.c.condition to get you up to the 100%

Unfortunately VA Don't use a 1 percent point...they all start with 10% and up.  but the VA math is like not like your mothers Arithmetic  :wink: 

Edited by Buck52

Well, I have decided to ask my Congressman to make an inquiry.  My reasons are 1) My Appeal is at Phila. VARO and they have had many scandals in the last 5 or 6 years.  2) It should not take more than 18 months to certify an Appeal.  Look, I know there's a backlog and if my Appeal were Certified, at least I know it's going to the Board.  The Board may take another year; that's fine just as long as I know my Appeal is progressing.  I checked my Form 9 and we did not request a Hearing so my Legacy Appeal should go faster than those who have requested a Hearing.

I don't know what, if anything the Congressman can do but I did get a DRO Hearing in Philly after calling the White House Hotline.  In the case, the squeaky wheel usually gets the grease.  I would encourage any disabled Vet to squeak loud and often.  The scandals are worrisome to me; whistleblower came out and said that dates were changed on all of our claims in order for the RO Director and some others to get their bonuses.  Another scandal was the relocation deal for over $270K.  Let's just say that I watch many Congressional Hearings.

I don't know how much power is left at the House, but it sure is satisfying to watch the Entitled Critters squirm when they have to answer questions.  I'll let you know what comes from the inquiry.

Ray

Do I understand it right that after a call to the Whitehouse your DRO appeal was moved up?  I am on a wait of 10 to 26 months before they do anything.