VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Watched Pot Never Boils...

Rate this question

Indy_CV62_OS

Question

I'm not sure that PTSD includes obsessive behavior but watching Metrics and va.gov several times a day is not gonna get it anymore.  As best as I can tell, my Appeal will take at least another 14 months or so to reach the Board.  I just hope that others are able to maintain their sanity....The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and then expecting a different result...it's very difficult to wait them out.  We have to believe that the people at VA are trying to work on the backlog and providing whatever service they can to those of us who have Served.

I have to rest on that.  I'm Praying for DRO Grant but I'm expecting my Appeal to be Certified soon.  I think that when we cross into the next step, this gives us some reassurance and a little peace.  As long as we can fully understand each step and communicate with our Advocate, everything should work out.  It really is about doing the time and waiting out the process.  

An SSDI medical determination is, in essence, an IMO/IME.

They made 2 CUEs, in my opinion, both guaranteed to deny the claim.

They ignored very probative evidence.

If you do decide you need to file CUE ,I will prepare it for you here.

Personally I would file the CUE claim, directly with them and also as an IRIS Complaint.(IRIS has a pop down box for complaints and they go to VA Central as well as the VARO).

This is a Disgrace.

It has happened to me on just about every claim I ever filed, as a survivor.And in spite of their deliberate attempts to ignore my evidence, I won those claims.

They even did this to my daughter ( a veteran) and fixed that CUE in 3 weeks, She could not believe how dumb they are ( it was a Chap 35 issue, not a VARO issue) and it revealed that the VA Educational Dept cannot read....either...she had read my ridiculous VARO decisions before she joined the Military but she never expected something as dumb as what she got from VA EDU ( an oxymoron)- and I just said"Welcome to my world".

I see bad advice here based on a false premise- sometimes- and it ticks me off----

the advice shows that the member who opined -did not correctly read what the actual post said....or they guessed at what the regulations are...

We can't do that- we cannot stoop to the incompetent level of the VA.

It is not in this thread- it happened again the other day.

I still feel a CUE is in order-but you do have time, and maybe this will get straightened out by the next person who handles the claim.

I am very glad you have that SSDI report.

I have been asking a neighbor to get a copy of his SSDI report.

(asking for over 20 years)They could have made a critical error in his first decision over 20 years ago.

He wanted me to file a TDIU claim for him based on what he said the SSDI award was for. I now think it was for a NSC disability.

You have the evidence you need and I know how frustrating it is, to have the evidence, and yet have it ignored by the VA.

Edited by Berta
added more

On 6/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, vetquest said:

Can you get an IMO?  I would try to get an IMO of your current mental state and then appeal to the BVA.

They are already ignoring evidence and you suggest getting more evidence. Think about that. It doesn't make sense. Appealing to the BVA will take a long time. I am beginning to think that the VA is going to deny, deny until I die.

I agree-Those Voc Rehab records, if based on your SCs, are critical.

Have you asked your DAV rep about filing a CUE as I suggested?

Have you filed an IRIS complaint?

Have you contacted the WH Hot Line?  1-855-948-2311

Edited by Berta
spelling

6 hours ago, Berta said:

Have you asked your DAV rep about filing a CUE as I suggested?

No, I have not. The DAV rep suggested appealing to the BVA. I do not get the impression they know how to do a CUE. I have sent in a supplemental claim with the VR&E information attached. Can I still file a CUE while I am waiting for that decision?

6 hours ago, Berta said:

Have you filed an IRIS complaint?

Yes. On 3 June it was forwarded to the regional office for them to respond. I was planning on giving them 30 days to reply before calling the WH Hot Line.

I really love the disability calculator on Hadit.  I'm not to far away from getting to the 70% point.  All I need is SC 30% for the collapsed lungs I'd had while on active duty.  Even if they increase Asthma from 10 to 20 and SC the lungs at 20, I'm there.  Nothing is more aggravating then waiting on the Phila. RO to certify my Appeal.  I just can't see why this is so hard: I was medically discharged and told to file with VA because I was entitled to receive disability upon discharge.  My records clearly show what happened while in service.  

They SC the Panic/Anxiety disorder which was a result of the collapsed lungs but then the neglect to SC the collapsed lungs.  Just wow.  If I were to have another collapsed lung, I have to tell the treating physician about the past collapses and voluntarily request a pleural abrasion.  There are two ways to do this 1) tetracycline through both chest tubes or 2) open chest and then rough up both lungs with gauze.

C'mon DRO, just SC the collapsed lungs.  I'll work on asking for increases to get to schedular 100%.