VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 months after request still not C-File. Any suggestions?

Rate this question

JKWilliamsSr

Question

I sent for my C-File in January and still have not received it.  I do know they have the request because it is in Ebenefits.  I checked recently and it stated it will not be completed until July.   Makes no sense to me to be honest.  Anyone have a suggestion on what I can do to maybe get my file faster.  It is holding me up on filing the rest of my claims. 

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I had a issue back 2013 to 2015, took them 18 months send out my C-File.

so based on attorney advise, I personally emailed the Secretary of the VA..( Robert McDonald). Then poof in 2 weeks I got it.

The New Orleans RO keeped saying they couldn’t find it, I called BS, even with 2 FOIA sealed and delivered to them prior.

My suggestion is email the VA Secretary. Usually it takes 6 months, they ( RO) say..wink wink but, it’s whenever they feel like it.

Edited by Bwaveteran
Spell check

8 minutes ago, Bwaveteran said:

I had a issue back 2013 to 2015, took them 18 months send out my C-File.

so based on attorney advise, I personally emailed the Secretary of the VA..( Robert McDonald). Then poof in 2 weeks I got it.

The New Orleans RO keeped saying they couldn’t find it, I called BS, even with 2 FOIA sealed and delivered to them prior.

My suggestion is email the VA Secretary. Usually it takes 6 months, they ( RO) say..wink wink but, it’s whenever they feel like it.

Probably not a bad idea...... Do you have the email address?  I am also contemplating calling the white house hotline. 

I am annoyed because while I know it may take some time I think 7 months is unreasonable.  In March I submitted an IRIS inquiry on the status of receiving my C-File and got the standard bureaucratic answer.  At the time my request had an estimated date of late April.   After I got my response from IRIS it jumped to a July date.   My claim was received Jan 14th.  It went into initial review on February 4th and from there it will take until July to copy my C-File and send it?  Unbelievable. 

This is a "classic" VA denial of due process.  Hopefully, you have this documented.

Now, be sure and file for those benefits, dont wait until you get the cfile.  (It could be years or it could be never.)  You see, you still have to file for benefits and your effective date will still be the later of the date of claim or facts found.  

One problem with this is, by the time you get your cfile, it will be out of date as new information could have been added or taken away.  It would be like your bank sending you your balance statement once every year.  It would have little to do with todays balance.  

I am still preparing my claim as we speak.  I filed my intent to file back in December.  I have a full copy of my SMR's as well as a copy of the VA medical records.  I would prefer not to submit before I get a look at my C-File but will not let it stop me.  I am working on setting an appointment with the Ellis Clinic and once I get that done I will submit my file with or without looking at my C-File.