HadIt.com Future: Zoom Meeting Dec 3, 2022 02:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada) - Join Us. ×
It Turns Out HadIt.com Is Not Dead Yet! ×

Bad flare up

SwiftSig

Question

3 days after my last C&P for Back, I can barely move and my back and leg is on fire.

is this normal after their range of motion testing.

yikes y’all.

6 answers to this question

Sounds like you need to get to the doctor.  That does not sound good. 

Sounds like something on your C&P triggered your back.  Make sure you let the VA know.

Just got out of the Emergency room at the VA. They were very quick to react last night. Gave me a spinal shot along with muscle relaxers to hopefully help. Told me it was exacerbated by the exam I had and was pretty intense flare up. Hopefully I recover from it quickly thank you for recommending going to Doctor. It was a very wise choice and my wife was very supportive throughout the entire night. I still cannot wall but at least the pain is down.

SwiftSig

• Like 1

I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a copy of the emergency room report/diagnosis to your C&P doctor. I can't imagine it would do you any harm and might influence a better eval from the evaluator. Not sure how to accomplish it? Maybe the hospital patient advocate could help?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SwiftSig said:

Just got out of the Emergency room at the VA. They were very quick to react last night. Gave me a spinal shot along with muscle relaxers to hopefully help. Told me it was exacerbated by the exam I had and was pretty intense flare up. Hopefully I recover from it quickly thank you for recommending going to Doctor. It was a very wise choice and my wife was very supportive throughout the entire night. I still cannot wall but at least the pain is down.

SwiftSig

When you're well enough you can obtain a copy of the ER visit through the Medical Records/Release of Information office at that VA facility and fill out a VA Form 3288 requesting your own medical information, particularly the ER notes for that visit. va3288.pdf

OR

You can obtain a copy also using myhealthvet. If you don't have an account, now would be a good idea to get an account.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web

• Like 1