VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bad flare up

Rate this question

SwiftSig

Question

6 answers to this question

Just got out of the Emergency room at the VA. They were very quick to react last night. Gave me a spinal shot along with muscle relaxers to hopefully help. Told me it was exacerbated by the exam I had and was pretty intense flare up. Hopefully I recover from it quickly thank you for recommending going to Doctor. It was a very wise choice and my wife was very supportive throughout the entire night. I still cannot wall but at least the pain is down.

SwiftSig

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a copy of the emergency room report/diagnosis to your C&P doctor. I can't imagine it would do you any harm and might influence a better eval from the evaluator. Not sure how to accomplish it? Maybe the hospital patient advocate could help?

33 minutes ago, SwiftSig said:

Just got out of the Emergency room at the VA. They were very quick to react last night. Gave me a spinal shot along with muscle relaxers to hopefully help. Told me it was exacerbated by the exam I had and was pretty intense flare up. Hopefully I recover from it quickly thank you for recommending going to Doctor. It was a very wise choice and my wife was very supportive throughout the entire night. I still cannot wall but at least the pain is down.

SwiftSig

When you're well enough you can obtain a copy of the ER visit through the Medical Records/Release of Information office at that VA facility and fill out a VA Form 3288 requesting your own medical information, particularly the ER notes for that visit. va3288.pdf

OR

You can obtain a copy also using myhealthvet. If you don't have an account, now would be a good idea to get an account.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web