HadIt.com Future: Zoom Meeting Dec 3, 2022 02:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada) - Join Us. ×
It Turns Out HadIt.com Is Not Dead Yet! ×

GeekySquid

Question

Curious what to do with this piece of information.

I was going through my c&p's and the one I had in Aug 2018 that bumped me to 100% has this line in it.

"He reports breathing difficulties, diagnosed - Obstructive Sleep Apnea. "

I was using my CPAP when my original C&P in 2013 was done. My record has all sorts of references to it, including the VA issuing me on and way. I have the Sleep Study results in my hands.

So what paths are open to me? in the 2013 standards being issued a CPAP w/ an SC (PTSD) related condition should have given me a 50% rating. Today's standards say I need the medical opinion to state' "he will die without it" or other such magic word nonsense.

what is my most likely path to getting it rated and possibly retro pay?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Its not enough to be diagnosed with OSA to establish the claim date.  You have to apply.  

If you have already applied, and been denied, then you can appeal and it should be successful provided that you not only have all the Caluza elements, but also you need a letter from your sleep doc that your cpap is "medically necessary".  

If you are persuing a claim for SMC S (housebound) via "statuatory SMC S" then you need a single 100 percent plus 60 percent combined seperate and distinct.