• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Holllie Greene

Maybe I will use another disease modifying medicine

Hi,

I hope all is good.

Perhaps I am just having a very bad day which is unfortunate because today is a nice day (temp wise) in what seems an unending winter.

I hate this MS, I hate the peripheral foot (both feet) neuropathy that comes along with it.

I still use the walker as I do not want to have another fall.

I saw the VA neurologist about a month ago and new MS "medicine" was decided upon.  I have used this particular one before and stopped due to side effects however I decided to give it another try.

It is full of poisons (my opinion) but is a synthetic/synthesized myelin and myelin is what the body destroys.  What to do, what to do...

The "medicine" has been in the fridge for awhile, it is something I have to inject in my stomach area; the injection does not hurt.

After the injection, one just sits calmly for a bit and carries on.

What is my problem???  I wish I knew.

Oh well, I will figure this out.

Have a nice day fellow Veterans  😀

I cannot say I know much about MS but I know a lot about neuropathy.  It is a bear.  Hang in there.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Vetquest,

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I appreciate it.

Also, thank you for joining the club!!!

Do you take any medicine that helps with neuropathy?  My neurologist does not have anything.

Anyway, thank you again and I hope you have a nice day.  😀

Edited by Holllie Greene
added missing letter
  • Like 1

I take Lyrica and OxyContin for my neuropathy.  I take the Lyrica because it helps with the burning.  Gabapentin is supposed to help too.  I take the oxy because the pain keeps me up at night if I do not. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Vetquest,

Thank you for the information about the medications.  I will ask my neurologist if he will consider prescribing them.  I appreciate your response.

Have a good day!   😀

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines