• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

jfrei

VA and other insurance

Question

So the new thing when I check into the VA is do I have insurance anywhere else and now being an ssdi recipient for two years I’m now receiving Medicare. Anyone know when I go to my appointment and tell them this what exactly will change I’m not being billed for anything ever being 100 P and T?

• Thanks 1

Its like having Tricare...they want to bill the other company first. I am asked every time I see a doctor on base. You won't pay anything. 

• Thanks 1

The va cannot bill you for anything because you are rated 50% or more.  If however a veteran is rated under 50% they may  be required to pay a fee for medications and  for non service connected medical care. Veterans rated 100% or TDIU will not pay any fees for any care.  Other than that, Veterans don't pay for medical care at the VA.  As to medical care on a military base.. retirees do have a deductible that they must meet. If however a retiree has Tricare and  private medical insurance or Medicare,  the will not pay any out of pocket expenses.  

• Thanks 1

I declined my medicare and don't pay the premiums anymore........it is worthless to me honestly at this point I couldn't find shit for providers and in order to find any I had to buy a medicare advantage plan that cost $$$ and when I turn 65 I won't have to pay the penalty for opting out when I was eligible for SSDI, so I stopped wasting my money every month. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, seminoles said:

when I turn 65 I won't have to pay the penalty for opting out when I was eligible for SSDI

I hope you checked this out before you opted out.. I could be wrong but I think your opting out anytime you are eligible  will end up causing you to pay more when you decide to opt in...Now I know that Military retirees have to opt in when they become eligible( regardless if on SSDI or plain SS.) or they can not use tricare for life.... 

2 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

I hope you checked this out before you opted out.. I could be wrong but I think your opting out anytime you are eligible  will end up causing you to pay more when you decide to opt in...Now I know that Military retirees have to opt in when they become eligible( regardless if on SSDI or plain SS.) or they can not use tricare for life.... 

That is a different circumstance, they have to opt in at retirement age just like my husband has to with champva, I can opt back in without penalty when I reach retirement age.  Very different situations.