VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA and other insurance

jfrei

Question

So the new thing when I check into the VA is do I have insurance anywhere else and now being an ssdi recipient for two years I’m now receiving Medicare. Anyone know when I go to my appointment and tell them this what exactly will change I’m not being billed for anything ever being 100 P and T?

• HadIt.com Elder
On 5/21/2019 at 2:00 PM, jfrei said:

So the new thing when I check into the VA is do I have insurance anywhere else and now being an ssdi recipient for two years I’m now receiving Medicare. Anyone know when I go to my appointment and tell them this what exactly will change I’m not being billed for anything ever being 100 P and T?

yes you need to let them know if you have any private insurance or medicare.

usually they ask  but some clerks don't do their job right and just there for a paycheck.

It’s always the first question they ask I just got my issued ID card. It actually says it began in May. I just didn’t want to get in trouble for having it from May-July which apparently i should have said yes but I didn’t have the actual card with the number on it until the beginning of August snail mail.... thought mail delays was a VA thing not a SSA

On 8/3/2019 at 10:48 AM, seminoles said:

I had to file paperwork to decline it

What I don’t understand is that the attorney called me and ssa did and I said no. But I’m better safe then sorry it is nice to have a piece of mind at 33 I have a. Long life to make it for my family before they can get DIC benefits which I believe I i have a good amount of years left to be guaranteed for them. We have been married for 8 years two kids 4 and 4 and I’ve been permanent and total since Nov. 2016? Is it 20 years at P and T or 10? I can remember