VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pre-Decision at BVA

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I know I need a hobby other than checking on pending claims!

Vets.gov shows my appeal has been with a judge since Jan 17 and that it should be completed within 1 - 2 months (I know its an estimate). I called the BVA 800 number to check on the status of my appeal. I was told a pre-decision has been made. Does anyone know how long it takes before the judge makes a final decision?

Yes I am impatient and hate waiting,

Edited by paulstrgn
changed symbol

6 answers to this question

There is no way to know for sure how long this may take paul.  The cases bounce back and fourth between the law judge and their reviewers that gather and examine evidence.  I just hope the decision is good for you.  Good luck.

Be patient. The good thing is the issue is before for a Judge.

Some issues can be decided and rectified in 14-21 days, but maybe some issues might garner more attention.

EVIDENCE is the key.

It will work out, be patient.

Be hopeful for the GRANT.

NEVER GIVE UP

I called today for clarification and found out it was ion hold from a FOIA request I did last September for my C-File. I informed the 800 at the BVA that the FOIA request had already been completed as of March 2019. She made notes indicating what I had told her and now hopefully they will finish the case. 

I agree that I need to be patient, but it does help to keep checking and making sure I am not the hold up.

I am being positive that it will be a grant.

31 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I called today for clarification and found out it was ion hold from a FOIA request I did last September for my C-File. I informed the 800 at the BVA that the FOIA request had already been completed as of March 2019. She made notes indicating what I had told her and now hopefully they will finish the case. 

I agree that I need to be patient, but it does help to keep checking and making sure I am not the hold up.

I am being positive that it will be a grant.

This confirms something i have long suspected. If you request your c-file anything else you have going on will come to screeching halt and probably put it in a file marked ignore forever. VA can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I have an appeal in remand but would like to get a copy of my c-file to work on an ITF i started in April. I don't dare request that C-File though while my appeal is going because they can't do both at once. This is just another classic example of delay delay delay. If you hadn't called they may never have gotten back to it. If i were you i would call weekly now to make sure they get to it. You were screwed because you requested your C-File. That is sad.

4 hours ago, stumpy579 said:

This confirms something i have long suspected. If you request your c-file anything else you have going on will come to screeching halt and probably put it in a file marked ignore forever.

I actually had two separate claims completed around the same time. One was a HLR and the other was a reconsideration. My FOIA request seem to only affect the BVA which I have no idea why it would.

Thanks Vetquest I hope it is also a good outcome. At best it will be split, SA approved and Hypertension remanded (so they can do the BP checks to determine what the percentage will be).

I am hopping it does not bounce back and forth too much.