VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are the medical VA people who treat you really employed by the VA?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.accesstocare.va.gov/ourproviders

This is one of the most important links I have put here over the past 2 decades.

You have a right to know , and you also have to realize that these contracting medical people filling our VAMCs, do not fall under FTCA or Section 1151, if they malpractice on you.

They have to be sued in a Federal District Court.

The medical evidence would still have to be the same as to the malpractice, and maybe even stronger,  but VA knows we are familiar with FTCA/ 1151 and this prevents advocates from helping any veteran who has malpractice issues,due to a contractor , from getting the right information and help on thse types of charges,

because we do not deal with ,nor are we trained in ,dealing with the Federal District Court System.

Edited by Berta

Bump - anyone? 

• Lead Moderator

This sounds like some huge loophole they created so they can slide bye the cracks again.  If the VA worked half as hard at trying to not help as they do then we would have hardly any problems.  This makes me scared to go to any doctor at the VA as they can do whatever they want and if they have a better lawyer get away with it.  

But of course.  It reminds me of "signs" some people post on/near their property:

"Owner not responsible  for accidents".  

Its not true.  If the owner was negligent, the "sign" isnt going to help him. 

BUT..if the injured party "buys" the sign and does not sue..well the sign served its purpose!!

If a Vet goes to a doc "he thinks" works for VA, then "he thinks" he can not sue that doc, just like a "regular" VA doc/employee.  

The Veteran probably may not find out...but it, no doubt has a preventive effect on lawsuits for the contractor.  (Because people dont sue because they think the doc was a VA employee).  

Its just one more way VA hoodwinks us..by hiring "contracted" doctors, where VA avoids liability issues.  We go to a VAMC..there is a big sign, "Welcome to the department of Veterans Affairs".  

We should be able to assume our treatment comes "from VA", and not from a contractor "disguised" as a VA employee..in an effort to cut down on the millions VA pays out in lawsuits to damaged Vets.  The VA is, again, deceiving us, and wonders why we dont trust VA.  

"We should be able to assume our treatment comes "from VA", and not from a contractor "disguised" as a VA employee..in an effort to cut down on the millions VA pays out in lawsuits to damaged Vets.  The VA is, again, deceiving us, and wonders why we dont trust VA.  "

That is exactly why they are doing this.

I am shocked at some of the info I discovered on the contractors-I have sent many FOIAs out on that.

Their contractors with VA involve billions of tax payer $  -but only for C & P exams....I am trying to find out what contracts between these two federal contractors (VA and QTC,VES,LHI) are actually for their employment of their "Providers" at VAMCs.

A former VASEC later on become the head of QTC.  Incidently, low and behold, contracts came into QTC for c and p exams.  

By coincidence, I recall reading that the "fee" (payment to c and p contractors) increased from about 300 per exam to 900 per exam.  This may be too old for me to supply my source.  

What a coincidence!!!

VASEC leaves VA to join QTC, QTC gets a massive long term c and p exam contract, at triple the cost to taxpayers.  The corruption continues, resulting in reduced or substandard care for VEterans, a lucrative market for contractors.  

You are right. Incompetent C & P exams have caused much, maybe most  of the backlog.

"A former VASEC later on become the head of QTC.  Incidently, low and behold, contracts came into QTC for c and p exams." I believe you mean Anthony Principi.