VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ready to submit for increase. Seeking advice.

Rate this question

USMCVMO

Question

Hello all - I think I am ready to submit a claim and want to make sure I have everything covered.  

I am currently 50% for a back injury which I was approved years ago.  At that time, I also submitted for cervical spine which they deemed not service connected.  I did not appeal.  My neck worsened over the years and I am going to try again with more evidence to get rating increased.   The previous DBQs were handled by my private physician with no VA doctors involved.  I have the following ready to go this time.

1.     Updated cervical DBQ showing worsened results from the previous one.

2.    Letter from private physician stating he believes it is highly probable my condition is service connected.  Aka Nexus letter.  

3.    A buddy letter whom I had lived with during my enlistment stating my complaints of neck issues were present during my service.  

4.    My own letter in support of claim.

With this in hand can I mail this in  myself or do I need to see the VSO?  It’s a rather long wait around here.

Am I missing anything?  If there is private help here for someone experienced to review these I have them all electronically.  

Thank you all during this Memorial Day Weekend.

• HadIt.com Elder

you can send it in your self  via post office be sure to get a certified return receipt and keep in safe place, double check everything , you may want to hi-lite the crucial parts from Dr's statements ect,,ect,,, &  attach in good organized way,   let us know what they decide.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

After they recieve your claim they should let you know  they got it and is pending.

if your on myhealthevet or e benefits  this is a faster way  its all done electronically, but snail mail is also good  just slower.

They will more than likely set you up  C&P Exam , the examiner will check off all your symptoms  (Yes ) or (No)and ask you questions  just be open and honest during this exam.

Edited by Buck52

You can also file online for an increase as well as new disabilities. During the online process you also have the option of uploading all your support documents (if you have an electronic copy). This way the claim effective date would be today. It is just another option besides mailing it in.

Good luck with our claim! 

If you are going to submit medical evidence consider adding the tabs with an arrow pointing to the significant facts.  This calls them to attention.  I am not saying the raters will not read your documents but they tend to miss important facts.  It is disappointing when you provide them with evidence and they miss it.

3 hours ago, vetquest said:

If you are going to submit medical evidence consider adding the tabs with an arrow pointing to the significant facts.  This calls them to attention. 

This is excellent advice vetquest, for many raters seem to look over the obvious evidence. If they just truly looked at the evidence submitted there would be a lot less appeals. JMO