VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to win 100 P&T for PTSD_MST

Rate this question

ndy856

Question

Currently has 70% for PTSD (90% combine with others) but recently put in for 100 (P&T) increase on the PTSD via a claim agent. Are there any lay statement samples out there for a co-worker and spouse to follow? and will another C&P be ordered when the previous one for 70% was only 14 months ago? That exam didn't have the whole picture becasue I was holding back a lot due to fear of being taken away, the examiner made me feel very uncomfortable about the MST, so the goal now is to get to P&T so there will be no more future exams.

Edited by ndy856
Need to provide more details

• Lead Moderator

So I am a huge fan of Lay statements, but Bronco is right!  You need a doctor to prove your symptoms have gotten worse and what happened to make them get worse.  If anything I would give your statements to your PTSD doctor.  This way like Bronco said they can say yes or no they are connected to PTSD

21 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

@broncovet and @shrekthetank1  so is it better to go with the "Getting worse" route to win 100 P&T? or is it better to have evidences showing the defficiencies of the previous C&P exam (15 months ago) due to me not able to tell the full truth of the level of my symptoms?

I've been lugging with this PTSD for the past 6 years, but ofcourse VA only recognzed it since Apr 2018.

Edited by ndy856

• Lead Moderator
7 minutes ago, ndy856 said:

So for me the getting worse route should be if the symptoms have gotten worse.  From what you are saying they have always been there.  I would appeal their decision.  Hopefully you are still within your year of decision?  

The OP doesn't mention ongoing treatment.  Are you seeing a mental health professional, whether private or VA, for your PTSD?  What does this professional say about your condition, and if it is worsening?  That opinion (and those records) will be important.

If you're not getting treatment, you may want to start, regardless of any claim for increase.