VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Dental Insurance delta dental& Met Life Dental.

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Any Veterans Spouse use the current Dental insurance through ChampVA

Delta Dental  and Met Life Dental.

My spouse has the Met life Dental And she is not happy camper they will not pay on her dental work  and always has a High Co Pay.

its no benefit to us if we have to pay  high premiums on the Insurance at 159.00 monthly....so for she had them cleaned ,they filled some cavity's about 4 and clean 3 times  and that's about it.

the Met Life Insurance we got  via ChampVA    they have paid about 100% on the cleaning  and then on other stuff like cavitys filled and crowns and extractions  they pay about 10% because they say its cosmetic dental???

and every time she goes to them now they check with Met Life and Met Life only pays about 10% of anything done...we were never told this  she has had this Met Life  since the beginning of the program  back in Nov 2014. she has the cheaper 59.00 $$ monthly plan.

We were  thinking that we need the  higher pay plan 159.00 a triple premium ...grrrrr

The plan that is suppose to cover everything dental wise  even cosmatic   CLEANING,  FILLING OF CAVITYS, ROOT CANALS, BRACES, EXTRACTIONS  PARTIALS /DENTURES. AND SPECIALITY DENTAL CARE. IS THE 159.00 MONTHLY

Any veterans spouses use this type insurance? and if you do what plan do you have  and what dental insurance is it  DELTA  OR MET-LIFE?  

AND  Are you happy with your dental coverage.

We appreciate it   were going broke paying for dental care   the care we thought she were covered for.

ChampVa ITS ACTUALLY OUT OF THERE HANDS  BECAUSE ITS UP TO THE PRIVATE DENTAL INSURANCE  TO FILE ON THE MET-LIFE and have no control over these charges.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It sounds expensive and probably not worth the hassel.  159 per month times 12 months a year is almost 2,000.  If she went to the dentist once per year and it was less than 2000, you would be money ahead.  

Years ago, I was an insurance agent.  People would be "insurance poor"...the fear of loss was worse than the fear of being broke.  

"Insurance" can be very expensive for that reason.  This sounds like one of them.  

"Insurance" that pays 10 percent of the bill has a name:

EVEN worse than WORTHLESS!!!

Isnt all dentistry "cosmetic"?  Gee, I guess you dont normally "see" some of your back teeth, even when smiling, but dentists brag about "being able to smile".  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure what they call cosmetic dentistry?  I think if your not in any pain and just want your teeth to look better...or add a gold tooth  or some BS like that   but usually cavity's are painful and  fracture tooth root is painful or broken tooth  ect,,,ect,, I am not sure why they would call that cosmetic ?  but this Met -Life Insurance we got via ChampVA a few years ago is worthless..so for.???

@Buck52 cavities and crowns are not cosmetic. Cavities should be paid at a lot higher of a rated, crowns usually only are paid at 50%.

Are you seeing a dentist in network or out of network? Below is from the MetLife website and it shows it should pay more that they are. I hope this helps.

Plan Benefits _ MetLife VADIP.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Its my spouse not me , I use the VA Dental clinic

Yes she sees a dentist  in the Network for Met Life  its Met Life we pay premiums to.

Thank You Paulffor the MET -LIFE  PDF PLAN BENEFITS

I'll print it out and give it to my spouse.