VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was your FTCA and/or 1151 claim denied because

Berta

Question

because the doctor(s) you charged with negligence ,were NOT VA employees?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

No, because I never put in an 1151 claim, even tho I may be eligible.  Here is why:

I went to the VA for 10 years...not once did they breathe a word about sleep apnea, even tho I went to a dozen different doctors.  

Ok, so I have a possible heart attack, and, VA happened to be overflowing.  So they sent me to a private local heart hospital.  

In 24 hours the private hosptial correctly diagnosed me:  My right side of my heart was enlarged because of not getting enough air at night (sleep apnea).  

So, I was referred to VA for a sleep study, and the sleep apnea, first diagnosed by private hospital was confirmed and I was given a cpap. 

Im not sure the extent of the heart damage, and if was, for sure, reversed with my use of a cpap.  (VA failed to diagnose sleep apnea for 10 plus years..and still would not have as I would be dead by now from CHF).  

So, I may be able to put in a claim for "missed diagnosis" and the damage it has caused me.  I have not done so yet, because, I really dont know what that damage is..going 10 years without a cpap when I needed one.