VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T

Rate this topic

I was awarded P&T!!  I was 100% but not P&T.  I submitted updated medical documents and DBQs and was awarded.   I just need to figure what come with that in Northern VA.  Thanks for all the insight.  I will remain vigilant on this form to help other Vets as I was helped. 

Basically,  the only thing you will get in addition to the military ID card for you and family is  chapter 35 education benefits for spouse and children under 26.  They did add space A travel on military aircraft for veteran only.  Plus you should check with your state and see what tax benefits you will get on your home cars and such.  Possible free drivers license, and maybe some other state benefits. Now you must stay alive for at least 10 years and 1 day,  at which time you spouse will be eligible for VA survivor benefits (no matter what you die from) if you do not  already have survivor benefits as a military retiree . Oh you also get dental care at the va  for yourself ( don't know if you got that before P&T) your family will be able to use Champva medical insurance if you do not have Tricare as a military retiree.

There are lots of benefits to being 100 percent P and T.  In addition to those mentioned, there is 10,000 free life insurance, Champva, (for dependents), multiple state benefits (depending upon your state), which can include free or reduced property taxes, free license plates, and more.  Check out the benefits of your state.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use