VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are you one of the 700 veterans

Berta

(or survivors of a veteran) 700 who might get this letter....

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2019/06/03/several-veteran-deaths-linked-to-impaired-va-clinician/

In part:

"On Friday, VA confirmed suspicions that several veteran deaths were linked to negligence by an impaired VA pathologist at Fayetteville VA Medical Center.

The agency just announced the result of its 33,902 pathology results audit from 2005 to 2017. VA found 30 missed diagnosis posing serious risks to patients. The patients or family members were recently contacted. Fifteen of the veterans are now dead though it is not reported the extent to which the negligence played in each.

Over 3,000 errors were confirmed but the agency said the vast majority were of little consequence. The agency plans to send out 700 letters to impacted veterans by September.

The doctor in question was Dr. Robert Morris Levy who was terminated after being caught working while impaired more than once."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted info on this back in 2018 here. We Blog radio people, believe that Mike Sasser ( "Stretch") ,our technician for years of radio shows here and when we were on another station, died due to malpractice that this pathologist caused. His last conversations with me were on 1151 claims in general ....I dont know if he filed a claim........but he seemed to go downhill rapidly.

We were shocked to learn that he had suddenly found he had Stage 4 lung cancer, on top of all of his other SC disabilities. I bet he was one of the 15 dead veterans who had their pathology done by the same pathologist.

I contacted an attorney, whose firm had people at the initial Town Hall meeting and found out,through someone else, that his wife had contacted the same attorney, to file FTCA for wrongful death.

When the Director stated in the town hall meeting that this was "an isolated incident" it occured to me that Many vets affected might have moved to a different state, and never gave the Fayetteville VAMC their new address.

And besides , news of an "isolated incident" that could have affected many veterans,  might not reach the Secretary. I called the Wh Hot line immediately about it.

Edited by Berta

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I met "stretch" in Indiana.  It was at a meeting called "hugfest" about 5 years ago, with Alex Graham in attendance.  

I have not received this letter, nor do I expect to, but this is in no small part because I have taken a proactive role in my own health care.  (I have a family member who is a MD, so I can simply ask her what the real deal is.  I have still another family member who is a "high up" nurse (in charge of her department of  about 500 nurses and other medical professionals.), and neither will allow poor medical care.  

Its way past time and VA needs to be held accountable (like they often are in private care).  

The cover up needs to end.  Vets do not deserve substandard care.  

Many, many years ago, my child was born in a (military) hospital in Bethesda Maryland.  If I recall correctly, a "big" politican went to that very hospital for treatment.  

Why dont politicians go to our VAMC's?  Because they are generally substandard care.  

AL Gore went to my local VAMC, but he went there for political campaigning..not for treatment.  There is a plaque there that he signed.  (You know..well wishing Veterans, blah, blah blah).  

He spoke out the side of his mouth:  "Oh Veterans..Im so glad you have this wonderful hosptial full of caring docs and nurses.   Oh, by the way, when I get sick, or my family, we "dont go" to the VA."  

If its good enough for Veterans, then it should be good enough for politicians and their families.  We should be able to go to a waiting room at VA and occassionally see well known politicians or their families waiting to see the doc, just like us.  

Edited by broncovet