VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No sign of claim after 3 weeks

Rate this question

Mover1993

Question

Hello all, hope your day is well.

I sent my documents to DAV on May 15th to be submitted as a supplemental claim with new and relevant evidence. I periodically check Ebenefits and VA.gov for any status of it and nothing has shown up so far. I also haven't received anything via snail mail by VA. I'm just wondering if this is normal and just wait it out?

Thanks everyone. 

• HadIt.com Elder

It's the VA so it is very hard to predict anything they do on a regular basis, but it does seem a bit odd. Have you confirmed that it was actually submitted  by the DAV yet, or is it in their queue? If yes, I would call "Peggy" and see what they can see.

@GBArmy   I received a letter from DAV last week that was  a copy of the statement they sent to the Va asking to reopen my claim via supplemental lane. So i', assuming they actually followed through. What is Peggy? if you don't mind me asking.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry, Mover. That's the VA general info line for benefits questions. 1-800-827-100. Don't call first thing or at lunch time, but usually other times can get you to a real person in 20-30 minutes. As to the quality of the info you receive, or how accurate or up do date it is, believe the verbal only after it is confirmed in writing.

I find that I need to call the 800 number to get the case out of the intake box. I usually give it two weeks, if I don't see anything I start calling.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's good; at least you woke them up. You can get a little more visibility tracking your status if you sign up for ebenies, or more accurately www.ebenefits.va.gov Not too hard to do but you need to get the premium account for it to work. It provides a lot of visibility on your disability status, dependents, change of VSO, benefit payments, etc. I say a little more visibility because if you have a supplemental claim, the turn-around time is supposed to be 125 days, so they don't put much info on changes. It is better for original claims, because there are more steps in the process.But, it is another tool that is available for veterans to use, so I would fully recommend it. Your VSO, the DVA,  should be able to provide some input on your status, but they often don't do a very good job of that. You can also call Peggy from time to time as well. Just expect it is going to play out over 3-4 months and as some of the guys say, in the meantime "get yourself a hobby."