• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Tbird

When it rains, it pours ... Adventures of Tbird

Question

I maybe a bit slow to respond, but I am here. I just wanted to catch you up what's going on in my world. Life is kind of sucking, but the bright spots are you guys and all my nieces and nephews. Working hard to get back to 100%. It is very stressful.

So last year I had to move out of my house into my nephews house because living alone was not working for me. Rented my house out and moved into my nephews, then I screwed up my knee and can't do the basement stairs at my nephews house, so I had to move to my sisters house. Waiting for an appointment with Ortho the soonest they can see me is June 17 I asked to be sent into the community and they approved it but haven't heard back from them with a appointment. So now I got to get rid of my house because I can't afford it and rent at my sisters. My knee aches all the time and I am using a walker it's a real drag. Doc thinks I may have torn my meniscus but won't know anything to Ortho see me. I also have lymphedema and my legs are swelling something awful which aggravates the knee. I went for an eval for a power wheelchair or a scooter and I am waiting for their response.

GBArmy - Aye, Aye - No hill to high for a climber - I am moving forward albeit very slowly.

@broncovet Thank you I am working on it.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Tbird! Hang in there for you will get better and things will get better for you as well!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the update.  I have a suggestion, based on my experience with choice.  

You posted, 

they approved it but haven't heard back from them with a appointment.

When they do "choice" its, as always, a complex process with many ways it can go wrong.  If you have a letter approving choice, take proactive charge, and you may be able to find a list of private providers on the VA approved list, or, if you get to the right person, just ask them.  

Then call them and make your own appointment, with the provider.    If the (VA employees) processing this had your pain and symptoms they would hurry it up, but they dont.  

In short, they dont do choice appointments often and the people who do do them dont have much experience, so you have to rattle their cage to get a timely appointment.  

My suggestion is either go to your VAMC or at least call and persist until you get an appointment or a name so you can make one.  

The VA can/does "delay you to death", and the only way to fix that is knowledge and persistence.  Make no mistake:  There are employees who dont know what they are doing, and, at least some dont care.  You have to find an employee who cares and will help you.  

If you have not been called by now, you have fallen through the cracks, got forgetten about, the person who does this is on vactation, quit, etc., etc,  and you dont have to wait till THEY call. 

Waiting on several GS5's to do their job perfectly is at your own peril.  Dont do that just because they tell you "they will call you".   

Edited by broncovet

Well, TBird, this is totally unacceptable! You are the glue that holds us together, so we don't want to hear any excuses. Get that eval and do what you have to do. and be quick about it too!

Get well soon.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 3:09 AM, Tbird said:

Thank you I am working on it.

@Tbird

I am curious, aren't you eligible to have the VA grant repairs to your house for you to stay in it? maybe get Aid and Assistance? either way I hope you get this straightened out soon!

• Like 1