VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When it rains, it pours ... Adventures of Tbird

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

I maybe a bit slow to respond, but I am here. I just wanted to catch you up what's going on in my world. Life is kind of sucking, but the bright spots are you guys and all my nieces and nephews. Working hard to get back to 100%. It is very stressful.

So last year I had to move out of my house into my nephews house because living alone was not working for me. Rented my house out and moved into my nephews, then I screwed up my knee and can't do the basement stairs at my nephews house, so I had to move to my sisters house. Waiting for an appointment with Ortho the soonest they can see me is June 17 I asked to be sent into the community and they approved it but haven't heard back from them with a appointment. So now I got to get rid of my house because I can't afford it and rent at my sisters. My knee aches all the time and I am using a walker it's a real drag. Doc thinks I may have torn my meniscus but won't know anything to Ortho see me. I also have lymphedema and my legs are swelling something awful which aggravates the knee. I went for an eval for a power wheelchair or a scooter and I am waiting for their response.

4 minutes ago, Tbird said:

I don’t use a laptop I use a 27” iMac plus 1 27” and 1 34” external monitors it’s a large setup.  

then maybe something like this triple monitor stand attached to an anchored rolling bedside table will fit your needs

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Monitor-Adjustable-Displays-MI-2753/dp/B06X9D7JWP/ref=asc_df_B06X9D7JWP/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216538221087&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15233161608570538929&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033275&hvtargid=pla-373681783674&psc=1

• Founder
15 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

one way they can do it is through a VA application called the Joint Legacy Viewer. All VA's have access to it and your VA PC can get it.

It literally looks at every VA hospital system, DOD, etc.

I already see a couple of tdocs at hospital they are the just transferring my primary care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms T   the smaller lap top would be just Temporary   while you recover.

I don't blame you for wanting the bigger screen   that sounds like a nice set-up you have,  but while your having to have your legs/feet elevated  the smaller lap top would work temporary. 

The smaller screen sucks, I increase my screen size  to where I can at least read the smaller print and sitting in my lap in my reclined recliner   well it will spoil ya...😉  just a thought.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms Berta   thanks for the correction...

I forgot about Ms T being a 100% Veteran   I don't know why I even mention ChampVA ? I guess because my spouse uses ChampVA because I am a 100% Vet and was just thinking about it while I was posting .

Ms T should be able and quailed to get a Nice motorized wheel chair from her VAMC .

• Founder

Well the safety folks came today and they think there's a good chance I will get approved for a stair glide, however we have to wait and see what that would look like before my sister and brother in law approve it to be it in their home. He is going to provide a few other things and recommended that once I see the ortho doc I have him write something up for a powerchair with the VA if he agrees that i need it.

Tomorrow the social worker is coming to evaluate me for a home health aide.