VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD

Rate this question

Ms. Army Lady

Question

I have been waiting on an appeal decision since 2016. I just had my PTSD exam in 10/2018. When I talked to one of the reps they said that I should be patient everything will work out, but at the same time their saying they can't tell me anything. They have tried to get me to change over to the new system, but I feel that its only a quicker way to get denied. They answer you in 120 days by saying denied, but at the same time to act as though they are quick to respond.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Ms Army. welcome. You haven't told us very much about your process. Have you had a C&P exam and did they tell you if there was to be another future exam? Waiting 3 years must really wear on your patience. If you are handling the claim by yourself, I would call the VA info line 800-827-1000 and see what they can tell you. After that, because it has been so long, I would give the White House hot line a try at 855-948-2311. You might get some kind of status/time line from them. Let us know of your progress.

While some would agree with you, "slower" does not mean you will get benefits.  

Those staying in legacy appeals have sent a message:

"I dont care how long it takes, I want the old way"

Well, the "old way" was broken, too.  So they have replaced the legacy system (flawed) with the Ramp (also flawed) and now that has morphed into AMA (you guessed it, flawed).  

I opted into RAMP last fall.  Yes, I did get a quick denial, but NOW Im back to the BVA.  

I did not have to "wait" for VARO to do a SOC (about 18 months) AND I did not have to wait for VARO to "certify" my claim to the BVA. (another year or so).  

Further, I have been promised that Vets who opted for RAMP get processed at the head of the line over legacy appeals.  

So, you may well be right.  Its a moot point, now, tho, because everyone is in AMA..there is no opting in except for those already in legacy appeals.  

According to the BVA chairmans report, you have about a 5 year wait for the BVA.  So that would put you at 2021.  (2016 plus 5 equals 2021.)  

My thoughts were that 5 year delays are unacceptable no matter what the outcome.  That is why I opted into RAMP.  I dont know if it will speed it up, as you said I got denied, and am now "back" in line waiting my turn at the BVA.  I figured ANY alternative is better than being stuck in a mud hole for 5 years...even if I have to get muddier before I get out of the mud hole.  

My suggestion is you check your file to see if you have all caluza elements.  If you dont, you will get denied with either system, and you can expect still more delays and more appeals.  

With PTSD, you need a VA doc's diagnosis of PTSD (private doc wont do..dont ask me why), a documented "in service event" (aka stressor), and a doc nexus that your PTSD is at least as likely as not due to your event in service.  

Absent any one or more of the Caluza elements is fatal to your claim.  

Edited by broncovet