VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VES C&P Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

So I have got to share this story as this is the first time this has happened to me.  So my claim for Sleep apnea has been going back and forth now for 4 months.  They already awarded the headaches a month ago.  Today I received a call to set up an appointment which I would not need to attend maybe a phone call and a sleep study.  I said a sleep study?  I said I have already been diagnosed with sleep apnea.   He said oh we have no record of that, could you send it over?  So I have now sent it over to them to avoid the sleep study.  Anyway it boggles my mind they have waited this long and now wanted to do a sleep study to see if I had sleep apnea which I already submitted.  The level of stupid is amazing!  

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

15 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

The level of stupid is amazing!  

too true.

I have the VA telling me they "lost" my sleep study, an MRI related to Vertigo (and that happens to show I have a partially empty sella), a VNG which amounts to being waterboarded through the ear, and a dozen other files. These are all from 2012 and 2013

Funny enough just yesterday I found out there is a system in the VA called the Joint Legacy Viewer and in about 5 minutes I found references to the VNG. I am making an appointment to search the entire thing for records they lost and are not in my C-File.

Edited by GeekySquid

• Lead Moderator

So I just got my PHONE C&P exam for sleep apnea.  The doctor again did not look at the paperwork showing the connection, but at least he did on the interview.  Took all of about 5 minutes.  Do you have trouble breathing when you sleep.  Are you tired in the morning?  Do you use a C-pap?  When do you think it started?  Also the doctor was 4 states away.  Should be interesting to see how this plays out.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek

I never trusted phone interviews, wait 3 days and go get a copy of your records to see what all was put in your interview.

some times these Drs get behind in scheduling and call the veteran up..I am not sure this is a good thing or not??

just have to wait now and see the outcome of his report?

• Lead Moderator
2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Shrek

I never trusted phone interviews, wait 3 days and go get a copy of your records to see what all was put in your interview.

some times these Drs get behind in scheduling and call the veteran up..I am not sure this is a good thing or not??

just have to wait now and see the outcome of his report?

I was guessing this was going get denied as the is still at the RO level so I could get to the BVA.  For some reason they are having a very hard time just sending the denial letter.  I wonder what allows them to say this qualifies for a phone interview?  As this is what the guy scheduling told me.  Hoping to hear something in the next couple weeks.