• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

SupaTy

AAFC fee

Question

I have an appeal going that was through ramp Higher Level Review  for TDIU and now I see another claim that opened “Update” it’s now showing closed saying AAFC fee determination, I don’t know what this is for and I didn’t submit anything. Would anyone have any info on what that is.

5 answers to this question

Do you have an attorney?  This sounds like its for attorney fees.  It can also be for a "non attorney" representative, such as Alex Graham, if you hired someone like that.  

Another possibility:

Apportionment.  This typically happens when you are divorced and paying (or not paying) child support.  Your ex can take a court order to VA for child support, and the VA will "apportion" it, and pay part to your spouse, as directed in the divorce decree, or other documents from the court.  

The VA wont collect money for  creditors out of your comp, but they will make sure your kids child support is paid.  

Lastly, if a doctor declared you incompetent to handle finances, a Fiduciary will be appointed.  If this happened, then you should take action to see to it that YOUR choice of a fiduciary is known.  

An example may be your spouse, brother, or a trusted friend.  You dont want the VA to pick your fiduciary, as the VA fiduciary program gives out tshirts that say, "My money was taken by a corrupt fiduciary"  

4 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Do you have an attorney?  This sounds like its for attorney fees.  It can also be for a "non attorney" representative, such as Alex Graham, if you hired someone like that.  

Another possibility:

Apportionment.  This typically happens when you are divorced and paying (or not paying) child support.  Your ex can take a court order to VA for child support, and the VA will "apportion" it, and pay part to your spouse, as directed in the divorce decree, or other documents from the court.  

The VA wont collect money for  creditors out of your comp, but they will make sure your kids child support is paid.  

Lastly, if a doctor declared you incompetent to handle finances, a Fiduciary will be appointed.  If this happened, then you should take action to see to it that YOUR choice of a fiduciary is known.  

An example may be your spouse, brother, or a trusted friend.  You dont want the VA to pick your fiduciary, as the VA fiduciary program gives out tshirts that say, "My money was taken by a corrupt fiduciary"  

Yes I do have an attorney so it must be for the attorney fees. Thank you, I do hope this means I have a favorable decision on my appeal and it’s close to being completed 

Well, yes.  At hadit, I always recommend you check with your attorney..he can likely see VBMS, so he probably knows your rating.  

They wont be taking attorney fees out of your retro, unless you have been granted something.  

On 6/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, broncovet said:

Well, yes.  At hadit, I always recommend you check with your attorney..he can likely see VBMS, so he probably knows your rating.  

They wont be taking attorney fees out of your retro, unless you have been granted something.  

My verification letter changed and it’s showing that I won my appeal and I’m considered Total and Permanent with no scheduler in the future per EBenefits.

I’m confused as to why the appeal is still showing open if the letter was updated with my new information. 

Just wait until you get your award packet in the mail...get it and read all about how they gave you your award.  fill out any applications that you need or want like ChampVA Insurance and educational benefits for your spouse  and free 10.000.00 life insurance policy  and any or other applications you get..be sure to read all these...and make copies and keep in a safe place for 20 years.

Being awarded P&T is a good thing and extra benefits for you and spouse & kids.

Congratulation on this award.