VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Conditions are missing and asked about dependant

Rate this question

Alamin

Question

A few days ago I got a call from ebennies. When I called them back they asked me what city and state my spouse and I got married. Which is in Nigeria. I filed a claim last year, but was denied. I didn't submit this claim, but it is the same day I filed an initial claim. I am currently at 20% maybe they decided on something that brings me above 30%? In addition, I claimed back injury/back condition with some other things. I noticed that they attached scoliosis which was on appeal. Now when I check everything that was on appeal disappeared. I know dates can jump, but have never seen this. I did new x rays and everything with VES. I have an initial claim and both remand from NBA and DRO review appeals. The initial claim seems to be moving fast since I was approved for hardship before. I been scheduled for a C and P exam this week at the Chicago VA I have no idea for what.

Thank you

Edited by Alamin
More information for the readers

5 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

First off a call from Ebenefits?  I have never heard of this.  Next when they are working on your claim things will move around and things taken off and put back on and anything else they can do they will do.  Is your C&P with VES?  you can call them and they will tell you what the C&P is for.

I agree with shrek.  Never heard of ebenefits calling anyone for any reason!!

My advice is to "call Peggy", and see what is going on, that is, if you dont have a representive to call.  

Your representative should be able to look on VBMS and see what is going on.  If the VSO does not have access to VBMS, find one who does.  

I had once did a complaint to the White House hot line and when the VA finally called me back (which took several weeks) about my complaint it was the VA 800 number which showed up on my cellphone.

Thank you all for the advice. I sent a e-mail over to my attorney. My other C&P exam was with VES. This one is at my local VA hospital. I can only guess this new exam must be for the remand from the BVA. I heard that if you have appeals and put a new claim for anything else they will decide claims and appeals at the same time. To clear up any confusion I got a call from 800 827

Edited by Alamin

To update everyone I called the 800 827 number. The lady told me she had no idea why they asked about my wife. About the C&P exam, she didn't see what it was for or that it was even ordered. She seemed new, but I will call again today. Maybe someone can give more answers. Even though my complete date jumps around it moves back by the week and currently says the 13th of this month.