VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Evaluation Services C/P exam unknown claim

Rate this question

Jackie Rhea

Question

Received an intimidating letter delivered by Fed EX from Veterans Evaluation Services seemingly giving no option but to present for C/P exam in less than a week without referencing what claim is being evaluated.  Is it to reduce the  disability currently being received? Is it for a long ago filed claim? Is this a legitimate provider? Any information regarding this new element to an already stressful and confusing process.  Thank you so much.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

4 answers to this question

You need to show up for the exam.  

We dont know your background.  Did you apply for additional benefits?  

Has your condition improved?  

I suggest you call VES and ask them your questions, OR, you could try calling your representative. (VSO).  

We cant determine what the C and P is for, based on your post.  

It's my nephew I'm researching information for at his request.  He has not filed a new claim in years. 

He did bring some new documents to a Vocational Job fair type VA sponsored event.  This documentation from (outside the VA doctor) mentioned the condition he needs to be compensation for and added another one.  Is it possible for those document to have filtered over so quickly to the C/P program? His Ebenefits page did not provide any clarity.  This C/P examiner has some poor ratings by fellow vets, of note.

His diagnosis at the VA is a milder form of the real disorder, such as an adjustment disorder instead of a PTSD diagnosis, as an example.  Years ago, maybe 6,  he went through a process to try to get treatment as he was in suffering severely, impacting his all activities of daily living .  He has received no treatment save few session for a related issue as an contributing offshoot.      The underlining issue(s) are  still there. At times, he copes better, and at others times, the coping mechanisms do not work as well.  However, the issue is always there.  So there has been no improvement just better days and worse days or periods of time.   

The Fed Ex letter from this contracted company is the only notification he has received.  So we will call and get our questions answered. The office where the exam  is different  from the VA, and may not know. Do we still keep the appointment?  I am going as his advocate and support.   Thank you so much for getting back with me so quickly. 

PS My nephew works weekends and did not receive this letter until Thursday evening.  Therefore, his time is very limited between receiving the letter and having the appointment.  

Dont miss a c and p exam.  Again, we dont know who/what/if this is a new claim.  We dont have access to his VMBS account.  His representative may. 

My advice is to:

Call VES, or his representitive to find out what the c and p exam is for.  (optional, if he really needs to know what the exam is for).

But, in all cases, show up for the exam.  If its a new claim, it will be denied if a no show.

If its a reduction exam, he could be reduced for a no show.  

In all cases show up for exam.