VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can someone explain the math?

Rate this question

WomanMarine

Question

I am a Vietnam era vet. I was stationed @ MCAS El Toro in 1974 and recently found out that not only was I exposed to Agent Orange, but many other toxic chemicals: 

It is now all starting to hit me and I am not even Medicare age yet! 😟

I was recently enrolled in Voc Rehab and because my primary would not correspond with them on what they were providing me, they closed my case. I have a pending case for Aid and Attendance that was just decided this week; but it was also suppose to include my drop foot and there was no examination.

AND can someone please tell me what I am rated? When VR sent out an Industrial Psychologist to my place on the report different rating than what is listed on eBenefits. I am being paid @ the 100% TDIU rate.

In the VR report it was suggested that I needed Aid and Attendence as well as a housekeeper. How is that paid?

Thanks all for the help!

va rating ILP.png

eBenefits rating.png

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

Put these numbers in a claim calculator.   If you are a numbers person, I can explain VA math.  Its the whole man approach.

The whole man approach is as follows:  (Lets start with an example).  You are 40 percent disabled, that means you are 60 percent "not" disabled.  So, when you get a new disability, you only get a portion of what you are "not" disabled, since you are already getting paid for the 40 percent disability.  

You start with the largest, 40 percent.  Then next largest. and the next largest etc. 

Beginning with 40 percent, you then multiply what you are NOT disabled (60 percent) times 40 percent (you have 2    40 percent ratings). So, 40 percent times 60 percent is 24 percent.  

Keep going with each disability percentage.  

Then, add them up and  round it to the next higher or lower 10 percent.  

Edited by broncovet

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

Put these numbers in a claim calculator.   If you are a numbers person, I can explain VA math.  Its the whole man approach.

Actually, broncovet,  I was joking; as there are TWO different sets up numbers there. One is from eBenefits and the other from Voc Rehab. How can that be?

5 hours ago, WomanMarine said:

One is from eBenefits and the other from Voc Rehab. How can that be?

@WomanMarine

I could be wrong, but I don't know that VocRehab numbers directly mean anything for VA monthly compensation rating. They would seemingly only affect what type of vocational training you might be eligible for. Say you wanted to be the next Rosie the Riveter... you would likely be denied going to Welding School.

The question seems to be where VocRehab got those numbers and I have no idea.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, WomanMarine said:

I am a Vietnam era vet. I was stationed @ MCAS El Toro in 1974 and recently found out that not only was I exposed to Agent Orange, but many other toxic chemicals: 

It is now all starting to hit me and I am not even Medicare age yet! 😟

I was recently enrolled in Voc Rehab and because my primary would not correspond with them on what they were providing me, they closed my case. I have a pending case for Aid and Attendance that was just decided this week; but it was also suppose to include my drop foot and there was no examination.

AND can someone please tell me what I am rated? When VR sent out an Industrial Psychologist to my place on the report different rating than what is listed on eBenefits. I am being paid @ the 100% TDIU rate.

In the VR report it was suggested that I needed Aid and Attendence as well as a housekeeper. How is that paid?

Thanks all for the help!

va rating ILP.png

eBenefits rating.png

I just use this disability calculator:

https://www.hillandponton.com/va-disability-calculator/