VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IG Finds VA Overcharged Disabled Vets on Home Loans

paulstrgn

I am sure this may affect several vets on this site. 

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/06/07/inspector-general-finds-va-overcharged-disabled-vets-home-loans.html

At the end of the article it states "The VA concurred with most of the IG recommendations and set a target date for identifying affected veterans and providing refunds by July 31."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for this Info Paul..I am checking to see if were included but we got our home closed on it 4-5-2018

I have had many va  backed home loans ( 7 to be exact last one in 2013) and I have never been charged a VA funding fee.... in fact to blame such a mistake on the VA is BS... the lenders are the people making the errors  , the va never gets involved with a VA backed loan it is the lenders that determine the credit worthiness and charge the fees... if a veteran does not speak up and say they are disabled veterans then they are going to pay the VA funding fee..... This is one error that cannot be blamed on the VA ... again it is the lending institute that makes these determinations..... anyway this is my opinion, regardless of the article cited.