VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P tomorrow for PTSD increase/Unemployability through QTC

Rate this question

devildog2061

Question

I have a C&P tomorrow, and honestly am terrified. my anxiety, for the last few days, has gone through the roof contemplating the exam. When I'm like this, I get so freaked out, I can't think straight and freeze up. I can't express what i need to explain to the examiner about the symptoms i deal with on a daily basis. My question is, are we allowed to write statements on what you experience ?, that way I can at least rest knowing that I said everything that i need to say, without being under stress and anxiety so much. Also, is it a good idea to bring a copy of your C-file for their review ? Has anyone had their C&P for PTSD through QTC ? What was your experience ?, thank you .....

3 answers to this question

I brought in a couple pages of notes with my concerns, symptoms, work life and family life; behavioral and relationship to my follow up exam. It was 5  years after I was rated. My wife came with me, also. I asked the examiner if I could bring my notes in and look at them to make sure I covered everything. He was fine with it and he also allowed my wife to join the exam. I have a hard time with anxiety to the point of hyperventilating at times, especially when I'm in a VA medical facility so having my wife there helps me AND shes not going to let me downplay anything. The examiner did really well guiding me through the exam and I didn't really need my notes until the end when I asked him if I could review them.