• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

chgofire

Commissary questions for service connected Veterans

Question

I was told that those who are rated at 100% qualify to shop at the Commisarry, however, I don't know how that works.  When I was on active duty you needed a military ID card, can a service connected veteran obtain an ID card?  If so, how is that process accomplished?  Lastly, I was also told that now I qualify for dental benefits.  It was a long road to finally get rated at 100% after years of fighting the bureaucracy of the VA system, thankfully I didn't give up but I almost did.  If it wasn't for other combat military service veterans that guided me and told me not to give up, I probably wouldn't of been here today.  I was rated at 90% for a loooooong time, finally 100% I thought this would never happen but it did...  Brothers and sisters never give up the fight, especially if you earned them!  

Any assistance, guidance will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance~  

All veterans rated 100% or TDIU are authorized a military Id card to include the spouse and any children up to age 18, unless you child is in College than its to age 24. You have to go to the nearest military post to get the ID card. Go on ebenfits, and you should be able to download a letter stating you are a 100% disabled veteran entitled to the ID card and take that letter along with two government id's. best of luck

• Like 1

chgofire,

100%  Veterans maybe Authorized a DOD ID Card After they reach the mile stone of 100& (Congratulation btw  )

As Richard1954 mention

To  apply for it, simply print out the commissary letter off e-benefits and go to your nearest military installation  Picture ID Dept on the base, if your applying for you and your spouse  you need to take your original marriage licenses original birth certificates  Current Drivers Licenses UTILITY BILL to prove your home address. for the both of you.  they will make the cards right after they take your pic...go early to beat the long lines.

and you may just want to take your complete award letter in case they ask to see it?  but the commissary letter is suppose to be efficient.

If you need dental care take your 100% letter to the dental clinic at Your VAMC and show the clerks , they should put you into the system that your 100%.

Veterans need to be 100% to recieve VA Dental care....however if your below 100% and need dental care and or in an emergency situation Go to your VAMC Hospital Director and request the dental care. 

you can do this if your not able to afford a dentist, but it needs to actually be a thereat to your health or in an emergency situation...some times or they use to Veterans could pay a co=pay150.00$$  not sure on the cost? and receive dental care  like Tooth extractions  ect,,ect,,,

Congratulation on getting the 100% We all know how hard that can be.

Correction

what I am not sure of  is if the Veteran needs  to be P&T to qualify  for the DOD ID Card/Champ VA Insurance for spouse ....sorry!

I never paid 1 cent for copays for dental as a 100 percent P and T Vet.  At least, that is the policy at my VA.  

When you go to get your id card on post, at MY post, plan on that taking a half day or so.  Long line.  So you dont have to go TWICE, make sure you have 

Drivers license AND 

Birth certificate 

and probably social security card 

AS well as 

A VA letter stating you are 100 percent P and T (printable on ebenfits).

One says "commissary letter", or it used to say that.  

Have some entertainment such as a book to read or your phone for a long wait. 

If you dont know where to get id card, ask the guard when you enter for directions. 

6 hours ago, broncovet said:

I never paid 1 cent for copays for dental as a 100 percent P and T Vet.  At least, that is the policy at my VA.  

When you go to get your id card on post, at MY post, plan on that taking a half day or so.  Long line.  So you dont have to go TWICE, make sure you have 

Drivers license AND 

Birth certificate 

and probably social security card 

AS well as 

A VA letter stating you are 100 percent P and T (printable on ebenfits).

One says "commissary letter", or it used to say that.  

Have some entertainment such as a book to read or your phone for a long wait. 

If you dont know where to get id card, ask the guard when you enter for directions. 

You can make appointments at many Rapids ID locations now, so NO WAIT 😉  I also highly recommend going to a place like a National Guard Armory that makes ID cards instead of a large base if you have a choice.  I choose not to set foot on another military base as long as I breathe.