VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA status changed from TDIU P&T to Schedular P&T

Rate this question

foreveryoung

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Geeky

I a not sure of the % of veterans actually getting reduce .

if they fight it  I think if they fight it  with a new IMO OR what ever the reduction was stem from and has new & Meterial evidence  yes ,if a Veterans fights it  I think the % is in the Veterans favor .

especially if the veteran had that rating for 10 years   now the new vets being rated and has only been rated less than a year or so it makes it easier for them to reduce  but its hard for them to prove the reduction   so unless the veteran don't appeal or fight for this reduction    its simple for them to reduce.

if they don't appeal or fight it yes the reduction will take place.

15 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I.U. IS NOT MENTION IN MY LAST AWARD  FOR  MY 70%S.C. PTSD

@Buck52

that is just AFU on the part of the VA.

I am assuming that IU was listed prior to that.

Leaving the veteran to guess or figure it out just chaps my hide.

• HadIt.com Elder
2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have looked at the SMC-S before but saw there was form for "house bound" that needed to be filled out by a doctor. Are you saying that is not required if you have a 60% rating for one disability? Why wouldn't the VA grant SMS(s) automatically knowing that I qualified have it?

if your qualified for SMC-S and was not given the SMC S H.B.. at the time they rated you  if this was in your medical records that showns a 60% s.c. rating separate from your 100% rating   this is a statutory rating and the rater should referred the SMC. you can CUE THEM ON THIS. 

8 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I a not sure of the % of veterans actually getting reduce .

@Buck52

I would just like to know the stats on both parts. I like numbers and finding new insights in the data is part of what me and my company do for clients. it can be surprising what information is buried in mounds of data that look, on the surface, to be insurmountable.

Just look at the thousands of pages in your own C-File. it can seem impossible to find anything when you don't even know what to look for or all the possible variants some random person entered into your file.

• HadIt.com Elder
5 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

@Buck52

that is just AFU on the part of the VA.

I am assuming that IU was listed prior to that.

Leaving the veteran to guess or figure it out just chaps my hide.

I agree with ya  I have trie and tried tell Iam blue in the face to ask about how I am rated?  still nothing is sent to me in a letter details about how I am rated  it shoes on e benefits all my disabilitys occured in Vietnam and what they are and the % of each one   still nothing about rather or not I am IU

I do get an EOB letter every year stating that 

I am  a 100% veteran

I am P&T

i AM ect,,,ect,,, all the things that a 100% veteran would recive I get  but again no mention that my IU Is moot.

I could do some internet work from home and make a better living than just getting the IU if I was not affraid I'd lose my benefits.  so I don't .

working at home is all I can do and it has to be using the internet...its hard to work under the table when other companies use the tax codes  as this is how the VA Catches Veterans working that are not suppose to be working.  I try to keep things legal.