VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Water Navy Bill Passes the Senate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Now to POTUS!     !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HR 299!!!!!!

I just got the call . might know more tomorrow, but Now is the time for BWN vets to get their files in order ,and to start filing their claims.

No word on Nehmer yet----I have made two wonderful friendships through the BWN saga- John Rossie and Carol Olzanecki- and I expect them to be there when the Bill is signed at the White House! What wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Justice has finally come to our nation's Blue Water Navy veterans- and to their survivors....................Thank God!

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If it doesn't have to go back to make it compatible with the House version, then it goes to the President for signature. I can't imagine he won't sign off. This is absolutely FANTASTIC!

• HadIt.com Elder

Finally our BWN brothers gets there way late  DUE justice  but now is better than never

I THINK POTUS  IS DOING A FANTASTIC JOB   HE DON;T TAKE ANY CRAP OF ANYBODY/NOT AFRAID TO SAY WHAT HE THINKS AND THE MEDIA  IS SO UP TIGHT ABOUT IT.  AND SO FOR HE HAS KEPT HIS PROMISE TO US VETERANS.

"The bill now headed to the president’s desk does go further than the court ruling’s, expanding certain presumptive benefits to troops who served in the Korean Demilitarized Zone and to children of herbicide-exposed Thailand veterans born with spina bifida."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/06/12/blue-water-veterans-bill-clears-senate-heads-to-white-house-for-final-signature/

That is more New info-

I bet many Blue Waters still have not checked to see if their ship is on the AO ship's list,so that is something, when we get questions about their claims, we need to keep in mind.

Advocates have worked on this for at least 15 years....it is almost hard to believe.

John Rossie ,disabled Vietnam Vet, never had a dog in this  BWN AO fight ,but was relentless in getting BWN vets what they deserve and Carol , after a DIC  battle, proved her husband's death was due to AO, by doing a LOT of research. She learned he had been on the COD planes-flying to and from Vietnam so he certainly had Boots on Ground.

Nothing is Impossible!!!!

Please tell any Blue Water veterans you know (or their survivor)