VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LEGACY NOD QUESTION

Rate this question

Galen Rogers

Question

Good Morning. I just filed my NOD about a week ago. Mailed it to the intake center and received notification and signed receipt by the intake center for it. My question is roughly how long does it take to show up on the website as received and in process?

According to Alex Graham, your NOD WONT be a "legacy" nod, but rather an AMA NOD.  

EXCEPTION:   If your decision was received PRIOR to Feb. 19, 2019, the you can still probably stay in legacy appeals.    However, if your decision you are disputing is AFTER Feb. 19, then you will be put into AMA (formerly called RAMP).  Did you apply on the correct form(s)?  VA loves to deny because we filed on the wrong form.  

As far as "how long", the short answer is no one knows.  The BVA chairman does track averages which you can look up, if you choose.  In short, it takes an average of about 5 years from the time you file a nod until you can expect a Bva decision.  

A significat portion of this 5 years is your VARO "sitting" on your decision, doing an SOC, and certifying your claim to the bVA.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

A significat portion of this 5 years is your VARO "sitting" on your decision, doing an SOC, and certifying your claim to the bVA.

This is sad but true.  Maybe the AMA will process your claim sooner.  I know under the legacy system NOD's are ten to twenty-six months out at the RO.

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

According to Alex Graham, your NOD WONT be a "legacy" nod, but rather an AMA NOD.  

EXCEPTION:   If your decision was received PRIOR to Feb. 19, 2019, the you can still probably stay in legacy appeals.    However, if your decision you are disputing is AFTER Feb. 19, then you will be put into AMA (formerly called RAMP).  Did you apply on the correct form(s)?  VA loves to deny because we filed on the wrong form.  

As far as "how long", the short answer is no one knows.  The BVA chairman does track averages which you can look up, if you choose.  In short, it takes an average of about 5 years from the time you file a nod until you can expect a Bva decision.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

My decision was prior to 19 Feb 2018 so I have to go legacy. I know it will take years but I'm just curious how long it takes them on average to upload the docs to Vet.gov

No.  You can still "elect" ramp for decisions prior to 19 Feb. 2019.  To do this, simply send in your NOD form along with your RAMP election form.  You are not forced into legacy appeals, you have the option to go either way.  However, if your decision is after 19 Feb. 2019 you will automatically be put in AMA (formerly called RAMP).  

On 6/13/2019 at 6:14 PM, broncovet said:

AMA (formerly called RAMP).  

AMA was NEVER called RAMP.

RAMP was an interim program that has been discontinued as of Feb 19, 2019

https://benefits.va.gov/benefits/appeals-ramp.asp

Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)

What is RAMP?
  • The Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP) was launched in November 2017.
  • RAMP provided Veterans the opportunity to use the new review process in the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017. The Act, otherwise known as the Appeals Modernization Act, was signed into law on Aug. 23, 2017.
  • RAMP was discontinued on February 15, 2019, ahead of full implementation of the Appeals Modernization Act.

Thanks for all the input. Maybe my question was fuzzy. How long should it take for the VA to scan and upload my appeal documents in the the VA.Gov website and show that they have at least received my appeals?