VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

10-10EZ

Rate this question

Al329

Question

Sorry if this is a basic question ....

Just had my first C&P, I must say the people at McGuire were very nice and I though the Doc was great.

But when I went to check in...I was told I needed to fill out a 10-10EZ after my exam. Registration was closing after my exam so they just gave me a hard copy to fill out and fax back.

I figured it would be online..and it is. Issue and my question is, it wants my wifes SSN. Ok shes not American and doesn't have one. Website wont let me skip the SSN...so I'll have to hand jam it and fax it.

So question...anyone file the 10-10EZ as married who has a foreign spouse sans SSN? If this going to be a problem? If I get anything...it wont be over 10% ... so I don't see the need for spouse and family info at this point.

Tks!

Thanks for the info!

Yeah kids have no problem with dual ... wife would have to file and make a case and get approved for dual as far as I understand. And not easily granted.

Humm... good question about SSN and ID...she has worked on base and has an EDIP. Lady at pass ID placed her as my spouse after we got married. And when I log in I can see her listed. So I wonder if that means the ID Card once I get over sans SSN?  For those trying to follow along, GS spouse and kids are only granted ID Cards while a GS is stationed OCONUS.

Yeah cant beat the German system for school and job placement!

Humm… that is interesting. My wife does not work over here this time, but she did when I was station here. I believe she paid U.S. income tax not German. I need to look into this because she did work a Non Appropriated Funds (NAF) job and on the economy. She also worked in the States for a few years. So, she should get a retirement from the U.S. and Germany. It will not be much, but something is better than nothing. I fall under the 5 year rule, so I have to go back to the States in 4 years. I hope to get my high 3 there, and then I am going to retire.

Can she use her ration card with her ID card?

Please keep me posted how it turns out.