VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help in next steps

Rate this question

Ebenezer

Question

I have a 30% rating (10% right Achilles Tendinitis 10% left Achilles tendinitis and 10% RPPS in knee) in 2007ish.

Since 2017, I have gotten worse. 

1. I want to ask for an increase on both legs since my Achilles tendinitis is relay acting up. 

2. I recently found out that in 2009, after repeated appointments on my Achilles tendon the doc Xrayed and found heel spur. In 2019 I found out that could be a claim, so I want to claim it. 

3. Just recently developed and diagnosed (June 2019) with plantar fasciitis and I believe (no way to prove it is secondary to tendinitis, but have found some VA appeals court claims that connected the two.  so, I want to claim that. 

Here are my questions:

A. After I gather and organize my medical records and write a clear memo highlighting the facts of all three issues along with what I want.  where do I ship it out?

B. Do I have to fill out any forms? 

C. Do all three claims go in separately or in one package? (I am asking for three things: increase for Achilles Tendinities, Bone spur, and Plantar fascitities). 

D. I find a lot of great info, but no information on steps to take, what to fill out, where to ship it. Can you tell me or send me a link of where I can find this info?

3 answers to this question

You can apply for an increase either through ebenifits or mail a completed 526 EZ to Janesville.  I suggest you do them together.  

Remember, just a few things:

The 3 Caluza elements, which includes a doctor's opinion that your plantar fasiciatis is "at least as likely as not" secondary to one or more of your other sc conditions, is mandantory.  A trip to the BVA wont "fix" a missing or defective nexus statement, nor will scientific evidence linking plantar fasiciatis to tendonitis.  You have to have evidence YOUR fasciatis is related to YOUR tendonitis.  The "study group" in a scientific study  does not matter..they are not applying for benefits, you are.  That is why you need evidence for you.  

The longer you wait to apply for ANY issue, the lower your retro and the later your effective date.  Thats why you should do them together, and pronto.  

A link, which includes the form number and address, as well as instructions are here:

https://benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/Applying.asp

You can get a VSO to do it for you, but many of us do not recommend a VSO.  You get much better advice here than you do with a VSO.  Why?  

Well, if someone here gives inaccurate (or advice which is disputed), others chime in and give you "the rest of the story".  VSO's dont do that..they give you their side, and their side only.  

In this way, you benefit from all our advice..not just "one" person's opinion, and you can choose of them which you think is best, or follow none of their advice.  

We dont get paid by VA, and the VA does not supply us with free rent in VA facilities, (like the VSO's do)  either, so we dont owe VA anything.   We have "0" incentives to lead you amuck.  VA, however, has budget constraints so its in their financial best interest to throw you a curve ball and hope you strike out.   

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I agee with broncovet   relook at everything befoer sending.

you can also file the INT (Intent to File) file the INT and this will give you an extra year togather evidence if you need it.  and give you some retro if you win at least 11months and 29 days

\

• HadIt.com Elder

Good advise from Bronco and Buck. You might do the ITF to lock in your date and go out and get some good medical opinions in the mean time. You might write a dynamite memo, but you are not a doctor, so your opinion on an increase in severity of a disability isn't going to be very convincing to a rater. He can easily refute your opinion by getting a medical opinion in house. Get a supporting medical opinion. JMO