VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal question

Rate this question

Soliz

Question

Hi all!

I originally filed for about eight things.  I have received a decision on all but one.  The last one was deferred.  My question - can I appeal a decision on a couple conditions, even if I still have one claimed condition deferred?

thank you!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Soliz-

Quick question for you....It sounds like you were notified on a claim closing individually, is that the case?  I have over 12 in and was trying to figure out if they would do all and then notify me or as each one closed, notifying me possibly up to 12 different times....

27 minutes ago, Bwaveteran said:

Yeah, go with Supplemental lane, with more evidence but, make sure it’s new or relevant to your appeal.

If I’m wrong, someone will correct me and provide better advise. With the new AMA, it can be confusing.

So confusing!!  

Edited by Soliz

The VA treats each diagnosis as a separate claim for purposes of determining service connection and effective date.  Then, depending on whether you are approved for a single or multiple service connected conditions, you will be assigned a single or combined disability rating percentage.

In other words, you can appeal any individual or multiple claim denial.  Just be sure to specify in your Notice of Disagreement which claim you are referring to.