VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP claim

Rate this question

KC3

Question

My ramp claim was closed 12-19-18. I was ordered new exams for migraines and GERD by the higher level review officer. This part of my claim was closed without me going to any exams at all and recently I finally got it re opened on 5-22-19. It now has an estimated completion date of 2021. 

On 12-21-19; (should have put 2018 as year) my rep told me that I will be receiving notification to attend exams at the first of the year per his conversation with HLR. 

How do I get this changed to get my exams like I was supposed to have in January? 

The Peggy line is not a very good resource for this. 

I also have the paperwork from my C file of the HLR saying new exams. 

Edited by KC3

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

21 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

If you want to speed things up, you can download the DBQs yourself, and seek private physicians to do them. I did and HADIT with the C&P exams that are all denied. So I went to the RO and complained and the dude said that I was jumping the shark and my gut was wrong. Sure enough it was denied and the C&P examiner still gets paid, total waste of tax payers money.

I have done that with all of my issues and the VA did not take them into consideration. This is just my situation though. It may work for others. 

It is possible that in doing the DBQ's the doctors did not create a nexus for you.  You need an in-service event, a chronic condition, and a doctor's statement that the disability is more likely than not due to your service.  Without these you will lose.