VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

So on my threads about my first claim under AMA I stated I put this here to track time and the AMA process.

My claim for Voiding Dysfunction was filed on May 8 2019  and closed June 16th 2019 (according to VA.GOV)

so basically 36 days.

I was denied, and will start writing my NOD.

What is new besides the speed, is that on Ebenefits yesterday I noticed a new entry under my listed Disabilities.

It will be good for others to start tracking this to see if this remains the standard.

It was marked Pending Claims.

Today after visiting VA.Gov and seeing my claim closed I went to Ebennies and looked under Disabilities and the DENIED claims are already showing.

This is a change in process. It used to take some time to get Ebennies updated. usually at least 10 days.

today however, the day after VA.gov says the claim closed, I see the following

It will be good for others to start tracking this to see if this remains the standard

I am tagging in a few people who I know are active here and may have recent claims under AMA.

@paulstrgn

@vetquest

@shrekthetank1

@Buck52

@jamesriley1990

@richard1234

@Oceanbound

@Richard1954

@Amazing Becky

hopefully you all will help track this change. It can alleviate some of the "wait time" stress as we look for the BBE in the mail. If you all see someone asking about processing time for a claim please ask them to track for this notification under Ebenefits Disability link.

Rated Disabilities

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
bilateral hearing loss 0% Service Connected   08/20/2018
tinnitus 10% Service Connected   11/30/2012
post traumatic stress disorder with bipolar II disorder (previously rated with major depressive disorder, psychotic features ) 100% Service Connected

PTSD

08/16/2018

benign prostate hypertrophy

Not Service Connected    

urinary incontinence

Not Service Connected    

erectile dysfunction

0% Service Connected   08/20/2018

benign paroxysmal positional vertigo

30% Service Connected   08/20/2018

I do think that information is being posted quicker .. the  claim for my right knee increase  actually went into the system in April 2019, but I notified them of the claim a  May 2018 a year before to preserve the date of the claim, they awarded 0% effective  May 17, 2018, I had the c/P on  the 22 MAY 2019.... that is a very quick listing. but list the knee claim on the bottom as of Apr 2019.... And I do agree, they seem to be processing the claims faster, but that only results in a denial, and then you have to appeal the darn denial .. so what good is a faster response if you spend the next 3 years in appeal. ( my last denial spent 10 years in appeals at the BVA)  sucks

3 minutes ago, Amazing Becky said:

paying more attention to both ebennies and va.gov. 

please do. we all benefit from more information on what, how, and when the new processes trigger notifications.

2) I have not been keeping up with e benies or vagov but will again but not daily since I'm in the 9th inning stretch after going to the BVA and tying up loose ends after getting the results in April.

3) I just found out that in April I got granted Chornic cystitis after it went to the BVA. Now gotta appeal that for the correct EED.

On 6/17/2019 at 9:06 PM, Richard1954 said:

I did notice that ebenefits was updating fairly quick, I noticed this over a month ago when my new  left knee claim ( secondary to right knee) rating showed up on ebenifits before I got  the letter. Last week I noticed that the va rated me 0% for scars on my right knee from a 1986 surgery... I didn't ask for this rating, it just appeared because I had a reevaluation of my right knee which had not been reevaluated for C/P purposes since 1986.  I still have not received a rating letter, but Saturday I did receive a letter telling me I could file for veterans disability life insurance ... this was mailed apparently in response to the new 0% evaluation. My right knee ratings haven't change or increased, so it looks like my request was denied.... I also requested service connected for Chronic Laryngitis & Dysphagia which was diagnosed by a va ENT doctor who said the problem is a result of the  steroids used for my lung disease.  Ebenfits shows it deferred, today I received a letter for a c/p exam to be done at the VA Hospital ( not contractors)  Ironically, they did the C/P exam on my Knee in May. why they did not order a c/p for my throat then is beyond me....  Anyway.. I agree Ebenefits is updating quicker... and it also has show at the bottom of the disabilities page any pending claims... See what I mean below:

Rated Disabilities

Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
bilateral hearing loss 0% Service Connected   06/02/2005
low back strain with degenerative disc disease with left foot drop (previously rated as 5295-5293) 60% Service Connected   09/18/1998
tinnitus 10% Service Connected   06/02/2005
dysphonia   Deferred    
abnormal heart   Not Service Connected    
right knee sprain with torn medial meniscus, with instability 10% Service Connected   02/27/2001

left knee torn medial meniscus 

10% Service Connected   09/28/2016
residuals of traumatic brain injury, to include memory loss and encephalomalcia involving left frontal pole 40% Service Connected   09/20/2016
right knee sprain with torn medial meniscus, with limited motion 10% Service Connected   02/27/2001

scars, right knee 

0% Service Connected   05/17/2018
bronchial asthma with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive apnea 100% Service Connected   01/31/2007
chronic laryngitis with dysphonia   Deferred    
status post cataract extraction surgery left eye with pigmentary glaucoma, pigmentary dispersion syndrome, and optic nerve damage with moderate posterior subscapular cataract, right eye 30% Service Connected   04/18/2008
claimed anal impairment and loss of sphincter control as related to hemorrhoids   Not Service Connected    
hemorrhoids 10% Service Connected   11/14/2000
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 30% Service Connected   05/03/2005
epididymitis 0% Service Connected   11/14/2000
sinusitis 10% Service Connected   01/27/2004
allergic rhinitis 10% Service Connected   06/10/1986
chronic right knee sprain with torn medical meniscus 10% Service Connected   06/10/1986

Pending Disabilities

Disability Submitted Type Actions
Chronic Laryngitis With Dysphonia 2nd To S/c Copd 05/10/2019 SEC View Pending Claim
5260 Right Knee Currently Rated 10 04/29/2019 INC View Pending Claim
5257 Right Knee Currently Rated 10 04/29/2019 INC View Pending Claim

I was just denied  pigmentary glaucoma, pigmentary dispersion syndrome among other eye conditions as not service connected / congenital/hereditary. Would you be able to speak with me regarding your claim and what was submitted? I provided an IMO, nexus letter, service treatment records and 20 years of civilian eye records - still denied. I am starting a NOD, but not sure what to put in it. I do not have any additional records or details to submit.