• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Mrpdbo

Retrieving copies of VES C&P exams from Regional Office?

Question

Posted (edited)

So is it a hit or miss on visiting my primary Regional Office and requesting copies of VES C&Ps that have already been rated and approved?  The DAV rep assigned to me refused to print copies and told me to visit the VARO for copies if I REALLY needed them.  My claim is still open because of a couple deferrals but the exams I care about have closed out.  The office is only an hour away but I'd rather not sit in traffic if we can't officially request contracted C&P exam results by visiting the VARO and getting copies on the spot.  Assuming the alternative is a FOIA request? 

Edited by Mrpdbo

You need to visit the hospital and file an in-person request at the FIOA office.  They will usually just print them on the spot.  I am amazed that the DAV rep refused to print them for you.  If they are not there to help you what are they doing there?  This just goes to some of the conversations we have had about reps unwilling or uninformed enough to serve the veteran.   

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, vetquest said:

You need to visit the hospital and file an in-person request at the FIOA office.  They will usually just print them on the spot.  I am amazed that the DAV rep refused to print them for you.  If they are not there to help you what are they doing there?  This just goes to some of the conversations we have had about reps unwilling or uninformed enough to serve the veteran.   

Thanks a lot!  Yea, my DAV rep has provided nothing of value to me other than giving me information on my C&P exams that I had to explicitly ask for in plain English (such as "Does the C&P exam for XYZ state that it is likely service connected?").  Looks like I'll take a trip up to the VARO next week to get copies.  Should I bring any paperwork with me? Or prefill out any forms to save time?

No, the forms are in the freedom of information/records office and take only a few minutes to fill out.  They will most likely make you show ID.  If it is a good office they will print you the reports, otherwise they will mail them to you and make you wait.

So I have had nothing but problems with the DAV in Nebraska, but not all of them are bad.  I had one who never wanted to answer his phone.  Told me to not rock the boat and just take whatever is given to me as they will lower it.  He said I will never get service connected for anything other than my initial post exit exam.  

Needless to say he was wrong.  It is like a long time ago someone came up with this and everyone believed it.  

• Like 1

I had DAV as my representative but I did not see as how it was helping me with my claims. The first time I went in to see them I knew more than the person helping me. The second time was someone from the Roanoke DAV HQ to help, he did know a lot an was able to give me advice (this was in person). When I tried following up most of the time I could not get through and when emails were returned they were not clear. The few times I spoke with them on the phone I found little value with their help. Now I realize that they are a free service and the local guy was there for the socialization and the HQ guy was swamped with others they are trying to help. I wound up having them removed as my rep (took several emails and phone calls to the VA) but I finally got them removed. JMO

• Like 1