VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retrieving copies of VES C&P exams from Regional Office?

Rate this question

HONDOII

Question

So is it a hit or miss on visiting my primary Regional Office and requesting copies of VES C&Ps that have already been rated and approved?  The DAV rep assigned to me refused to print copies and told me to visit the VARO for copies if I REALLY needed them.  My claim is still open because of a couple deferrals but the exams I care about have closed out.  The office is only an hour away but I'd rather not sit in traffic if we can't officially request contracted C&P exam results by visiting the VARO and getting copies on the spot.  Assuming the alternative is a FOIA request? 

Edited by Mrpdbo

• HadIt.com Elder

My R.O. requires an ahead appointment, with a VSO. or a  scheduled HEARING Review  & DRO Hearings   ect,,,ect,, I even had to make an appointment to come in and view my C-file to which I was heavenly Guarded (watched closely)

They do not like Veterans coming in without an appointment.

Some R.O.'s are different  but the policy's should all follow the same criteria.

Just now, Buck52 said:

My R.O. requires an ahead appointment,

I have called Peggy asking for an appointment and was told point blank they cannot do that.

I have asked Peggy to contact my RO by email/message and ask for an appointment and was told they had no one to send that too.

I use an app on my phone that records every call inbound and outbound,

it is so bizarre especially since Seattle is supposed to be such a liberal city, the people at VA act like I am trying to steal something from their Gulag

• HadIt.com Elder

Well some R.O. are more  lenient that others.

but think about it  Veterans should only go to their R.O. for things like Scheduled DRO Hearings and Reviews to get a better or favorable decision with their claims or appeals

Geeky I don't have the regulations at hand but  phone calls conversations can't be used as evidence anyway  so the apt for this reason is useless I would think.

Paper postmarks/stamp dated  correspondence  can be used as evidence   but if you say ''so and so said this to me on the phone on 6/25/2019  I could  ....>That can't be used as evidence.

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

hone calls conversations can't be used as evidence anyway 

the admission of phone calls relies on the state. For example Louisiana is  one-party state, while Washington is a two-party state.

What that means is in LA you can record a conversation you are in and no one can object, they can just walk away. It can be entered into the record in court.

In a two-party state all members of the conversation have to know and agree to be recorded.

I don't plan on entering the calls into a court record, but I will damn sure share it with reporters and any HMFIC I can buttonhole at the VA, just to show them that their people are sloughing off their jobs and duty to veterans.