VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Federal Courts just ruled class action suit can continue against VA

Rate this question

JKWilliamsSr

Question

6 answers to this question

Great post!!

Yes, the VA has a habit of "sitting on their duff" for 2 years to "certify" a claim to the BVA, which essentially adds 2 years process time for Veterans.  I read where the VA admitted that this should take 2 hours, not 2 years.  

The VA has a bunch of other stuff that they have gotten away with for decades, that would not fly in any other type of setting.  

Its about time, VA has some accountability.  

Gee, how about waiting 26 months for a DRO review?  IMHO the VA purposefully strings veterans along to avoid paying benefits the veteran is entitled to.  In my case, stringing my case out to ten years the VA avoided having to pay for my kids schooling.

This may be a dumb question @vetquest why can't you go back for the school fees (I am assuming your 100% was granted with an EED), the same way you would appeal if you felt you were entitled to an EED for a claim? If you wonan appeal at the BVA then I would think there might be a case in asking for what your kids were entitled too. Now I am using common sense when I say this so that is probably my first mistake. I need to research this. JMO

@vetquest My oldest son did not go to college also even though I tried to get him to go. When my son was a little younger he tried to go into the army but they said no because he had tattoos above the shirt line on the neck (this was about 7 years ago).