VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

kerato conjunctivitis sicca - dry eye

Rate this question

a_jan2002

Question

I applied for kerato conjunctivitis sicca in 2010 and was denied by VA. Although for years I have continued to use tear drops and visited multiple doctors for having dry eye. This was the rationale they provided me in 2010.

12. Service connection for kerato conjunctivitis sicca.

Service connection may be granted for a disability which began in military service or was caused by some event or experience in service. A review of your service treatment records shows you were treated for this condition.

At your VA examination, you stated that you have had no treatment for this condition and no functional impairment. Upon physical examination, there was no evidence of this condition and the examiner did not confirm a diagnosis of a chronic eye condition.

A disability which began in service or was caused by some event in service must be considered "chronic" before service connection can be granted. Although there is a record of treatment in service for kerato conjunctivitis sicca, no permanent residual or chronic disability subject to service connection is shown by the service medical records or demonstrated by evidence following service. Therefore, service connection for kerato conjunctivitis sicca is denied.

Upon viewing my C-file this was one of the note from C&P doctor. If I submit years of going to doctor for dry eye and possibly asking them to write a letter saying that I have dry eyes. Do you think I might have a shot at reopening my case?

To: HON Q. DUONG

Claimant Name: ANJAN ADHIKARI Contract #: 2302526.1

Question:

Fax Number: Phone Number:

Appointment Date: 2/16/2010

Exam reveals findings of “chronic conjunctivitis and it is active with objective findings of red and thick conjunctivae.”

Does this finding warrant an additional diagnosis, or is this consistent with the diagnosed dry eye syndrome, OU?

Answer:

This is consistent with dry eye syndrome.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, a_jan2002 said:

At your VA examination, you stated that you have had no treatment for this condition and no functional impairment. Upon physical examination, there was no evidence of this condition and the examiner did not confirm a diagnosis of a chronic eye condition.

That doesn't look good.

4 hours ago, a_jan2002 said:

If I submit years of going to doctor for dry eye and possibly asking them to write a letter saying that I have dry eyes. Do you think I might have a shot at reopening my case?

Do the doctors think you had it in service?

If its in your service records it should be service connected. That doesn't mean it is bad enough to be compensated for it.

It is in my service records. I use Refresh tear drops most of the time but also have used prescribed tear drops. At this point, if I can have it service connected I think I will go for it.