VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Award

Rate this question

WyonJames

Question

With a PTDS(service connected)rated at 70%, I am awaiting a decision on a Notice of Disagreement filed in June 2018 for denial of request to increase the 70% rating.  In August 2018, I applied for and in October was awarded TDIU making my compensation at a 100% amount.  I have researched in an attempt to find a VA ruling, a case law or the like indicating a person with 70% rating for PTSD with subsequent TDIU be granted an increased PTSD rating to no avail.  VSO is stuck on 'you are getting paid 100%, what difference does it make?  The difference is the back pay

I don t mind a bit doing research if someone can point me the way to find the information

Thanks all who served 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

21 hours ago, WyonJames said:

I have researched in an attempt to find a VA ruling, a case law or the like indicating a person with 70% rating for PTSD with subsequent TDIU be granted an increased PTSD rating to no avail.

The way I read this is you are wanting to go from a 70% for PTSD to a 100% for PTSD because you are receiving TDIU. I don’t think it is going to work that way. You need the symptoms of 100% PTSD to get the 100% rating.