VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes 2

uniccco

This veteran is seeking service connection for his Diabetes Mellitus Type II condition as secondary to, related to, and/or aggravated by his service-connected Depressive Disorder with Panic Disorder and Somatic Symptom Disorder, Right Knee Status Post Surgery, and Left Knee Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease with associated weight gain.

has anyone been service connected this way 

If you have a doctor that says his Diabetes Mellitus Type II is secondary to his service connected disabilities you have a good chance. If you don't have a doctor to say it, how do you plan to connect it?

I have IMO so far but of course the VA is looking for there own Medical opinion or clarification through the DBQ i always have doubts when they do this about the claim succeeding 

The best I remember every time I had a condition that a private doctor opined on I still had a C&P exam by the VA. Having an IMO has always been good for me. Keep calm and keep up the fight.

The VA says weight gain is not a disability even if your disability lessens the ability for you to be active.  Believe me, if they did I would be first in line.  You can try but do not be surprised if they deny.